Spring Into New Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.
Spring has sprung and the season of romance begins. Bring out the roses, whites, wedges, and florals and get ready for sunshine.

Spring often brings bold colors, so consider choosing a neutral makeup palette. To take your look up a notch, try hot pinks or bold reds in lip color, blush and if you want something totally daring, try wearing fuchsia eye shadow at night. When using bolder colors, only pick one feature to enhance. Choose red lips and keep the eyes and cheeks soft and neutral. If you are not fan of pink and you are not in the mood to wear read, try coral or peach eye shadow, blush or lip gloss. The fairer your skin, the lighter your pigments should be.

Physician’s formula has a great variety to choose from and they have new “mood boosting makeup” in a blush and bronzer (about $14). It makes you happy just looking at it! The blush has plant extracts that “mimic the effect of endorphins.” Even if their claim is a bunch of nonsense, and it still may be fun to try. Covergirl’s new line, NatureLuxe, has great and affordable foundations (about $10). The lip colors are sheer with a hint of color, perfect for a romantic spring look (about $7).

Florals aren’t only for clothes and makeup. Many perfumes that debut in the spring time are a light scent of floral, as opposed to fall and winter perfumes. Light and airy is the key, if it’s your thing.

The difference in the types of fragrances is the amount of concentration of the ingredients. Perfume has the rarest and most concentrated ingredients and lasts the longest amount of time. Eau de parfum has the second most concentration of ingredients, then eau de toilette and lastly, body splash, which contains the least amount of concentrated ingredients. As the strengths weaken, the product must be reapplied to reach the same potency as when initially applied.

As far as prices go, you get what you pay for. All four types of scents contain alcohol, with perfume having the least amount and body splash with the most. Even though the knockoffs may smell similar, they don’t last as long. Fragrances do not last as long on dry skin as it does on moisturized skin, for best results with any fragrance, be sure to apply lotion regularly.

With a fresh face of light, romantic makeup, and smelling like a flower, you’ll be sure to pull any spring look together.

As seen in The Crow’s Nest

Sources:
Allure magazine, February
Covergirl.com
Associatedcontent.com
Physiciansformula.com

Photo Sources:
Genius Beauty.com (Cover Girl Luxe collection)

Physiciansformula.com (Physician’s Formula Blush)