Spring Fling Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Spring was in the air this week during USFSP’s Harborside Activities Board’s Spring Fling week of events. From a hypnotist to a visit to Oz, the week was full of excitement with events every day of the week.

A concert with local bands and the famous Mighty Mongo started off the week on Monday night with bounce houses galore. There was an obstacle course, a Velcro wall, and a wrestling pit. Students were able to get in touch with their younger side while rocking out to some awesome music.

Boris the Hypnotist stepped on campus Tuesday night to hypnotize eager students and to create an entertaining show for the audience members. Students fell asleep on command, auditioned for impromptu American Idol auditions and engaged in other unusual behavior that made for a memorable night.

Wednesday was all about wellness with fake “mocktails”, rock climbing walls, a jousting area and more fun on Harborwalk. Students stopped by in between classes to join in the fun and take a few minutes to de-stress from class.

A trip to the magical land of Oz on Thursday wrapped up the week of festivities with over 250 USFSP students attending the early premiere of the movie Oz The Great and Powerful at Muvico on Baywalk.

Spring Fling week was a great way to lead up to Spring Break and got students ready for a week of fun and no classes!

Photos courtesy of Harborside Activties Board

USFSP Bull and fashion guru!