This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Want to be a model? Go on Instagram. Big names in fashion are taking their casting calls to Instagram. Casting is done in the form of a contest. It’s simple, snap a pic with the designated hashtag.   Marc Jacobs fall 2014 campaign models were all fans who participated in the contest. It was such a success that he decided to do it again. His most recent Instagram casting ended this past Friday.

Jacobs isn’t the only one taking this unconventional casting route, DKNY had the same idea. The company partnered with Cara Delevingne, having her star in their upcoming campaign which was sure to be a success because, Cara Delevingne. But that wasn’t enough, in an effort to make things a little bit more interesting they let Cara choose who she modeled with via Instagram.

Other retailers such as ASOS and Brandy Melville have used Instagram as a source of advertising and casting as well.       

Instagram is quickly becoming the go to place for fresh new faces, anyone with an account has a chance, who knows maybe you’ll be next.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.