Renovations in Progress for New Health Clinic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

As you may already know, the Campus Activities Center will be the location of USFSP’s own health clinic! The clinic will be up and running by this fall semester! This is very exciting for our campus, and is going to be very beneficial to many students, insured or uninsured.
As a secondary campus to the main USF in Tampa, the St. Petersburg campus is working hard to expand and provide more services to students.

What services will be provided at the new health clinic? And how will staff be chosen? Diane McKinstry, Director for the Center of Counseling, Health, and Wellness, says the campus is currently preparing a Request for Proposals that “will solicit proposals from interested health providers to staff and operate our student health service.” Once the proposals come in, they will be evaluated based on services that will be provided and cost.
A health provider for the clinic will likely be chosen by April. The Student Health Center is expected to be completed by August 10, but remaining renovations in the CAC will not be completed until October 12.

Photo Source: http://www.usfsp.edu/aboutusf/images/CAC.jpg