Reasons Why Selena Gomez is Bae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Selena Gomez is a pop sensation and successful actor. Despite her fame, she always maintains her composure and has a great relationship with her fans. Below are a few of the many reasons why she’s our bae.

Her hit records.

Courtesy of Popculturestop

She constantly has hit records playing on the radio. Her songs are catchy and fun to dance to. She bares her soul in “The Heart Wants What It Wants.” She isn’t afraid to show fans her vulnerability in her music and it allows fans to relate with her on a deeper level.

Singing is not her only talent.

Courtesy of Entertainment Wallpaper

She is also an actor. If you don’t remember her from Wizards of Waverly Place, you’ll probably remember the role she played in Spring Breakers. She is a versatile actor and has a charismatic energy to offer on screen.

She is a great role model.

Courtesy of Wish

Despite her rising fame from her Disney days, she has maintained her wholesome reputation. She loves her fans just as much as they love her and interacts with them on social media by sending words of encouragement. She also won an award from Grant-A-Wish from granting so many requests from the organization.

She’s human too.

Courtesy of Billboard

The drama she has with Justin Bieber shows that goes through the same struggles that we all do. She’s a sucker for love. She proves that it’s hard to give up on the one that you love even if you should.

Uh, look at her! She’s gorgeous!

Courtesy of Playbuzz

Although Selena dresses sexy, it’s tasteful and classy. She doesn’t reveal too much skin and shows other girls that they can be beautiful without taking their clothes off.

Jenna Kippert is a Junior at USFSP. Her major is in English with a concentration in Writing Studies. Creative writing is her niche and she enjoys writing fictional short stories in her spare time. Her stories often consist of shady characters and plot twists. Jenna also enjoys cooking, binge watching New Girl on Netflix, going on nature walks, and watching videos of makeup gurus on Youtube. Beauty is an important aspect to her and she loves playing with makeup and hair. She is a true born and raised Floridian, who whips out her sweater when the temperature drops below 80 degrees. After she graduates, she'd like to travel. Her dream destination is Hawaii, where she can soak up the sun's rays and swim with dolphins.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.