Perfect Apps for the Modern-Day Shoppaholic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Did you know that with the click of a button all of your online shopping dreams can come true? It is clearly obvious that the days of shopping at the mall and waiting in long lines to check out are over. The online shopping industry has boomed! But could you have ever imagined that you would be able to use your phone to snag the best deals, save money and get the latest trends, with just one click? Here I have a list of the BEST apps for the modern day fashionista and shopaholic that will make both your closet and bank account very happy!

1. THE HUNT

This is the perfect app for when you see something either online, or in a magazine and you have no idea where you could buy it. We all know how frustrating that can be, but with this app you post a picture of whatever it is that you are looking for and the online hunt community helps you find where you can find the item you are searching for and it can even show you a similar item that is less expensive! And even if you’re not on ‘The Hunt’ to find an item, you can browse on the hunt to help others.

1. WANELO

Wanelo, which stands for Want, Need, and Love, represents everything that this app is. I can’t even put words together to describe this app. It is the epitome of online shopping. You start off with following your favorite stores, Etsy accounts and even Amazon and eBay, and whenever a new item from said seller is posted it will pop up on your feed. From there you are just a click away from being sent to the website or account of the store, where you can then buy the item! And on top of that you can also create collections of items that you are interested in buying and they will notify you when any item in your collection goes on sale!

1. RETAIL ME NOT

Now if you are one of those gals who loves to shop the best sales, Retail Me Not is the app for you! You can personalize an account with all the stores and restaurants that you love and get the best deals and coupons. The best thing about this app is that the coupons you find you can use without even printing them out, they simply scan it at the register. Another great feature about this app is that if you are at a mall or any shopping center, they notify you of all the awesome deals going on in that area! Talk about convenience, this app makes it very easy to shop and save on the go!

1. FOURSQUARE

Now a lot of people probably associate foursquare to just finding places to eat, but did you know it’s a great app to find places to shop too!? This is a great app for when you are somewhere that you are not familiar with. The app connects to your GPS and personalizes stores that will interest you, giving you directions and also reviews that make a perfect shopping experience for you!

1. VINTED

Have you ever bought something and never wore it? Or did some spring cleaning and realized that you had a lot of clothes that are just in the back of your closet and never come out? Well with Vinted all those problems can go away. Vinted is an app where you can sell, buy and swap clothes with other fashion lovers just like you! It’s Facebook meets swap meet and it’s totally free!

I am a freshman here at USFSP, and I’m studying Mass Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurship. My expected graduation year is 2018! GO BULLS! I love to write about the latest fashion trends and blog about my everyday life. Right now I’m really looking into becoming a PR Manager for a fashion firm, that would be my long term goal. If I’m not in class or sleeping, I love to hang out with my friends, watch Netflix (Currently obsessed with Vampire Diaries, I’m totally team Dalena!), and read fashion blogs on Tumblr. I’m thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus team, and look forward to everything it has to offer.
Kelly Mora-Romero is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF St. Petersburg. She was born in Colombia but has lived in the US since 2004. As a Global Business and Marketing major with a minor in Mass Communications, Kelly's dream job is to work in international marketing with a big communications company; traveling is a must! Her biggest inspiration for stories come from local or campus-related news, advise for the every-day life and tips on success. If you wish to contact Campus Correspondent Kelly for article ideas or any comments/concerns/issues at USFSP email at: kellyromero@hercampus.com For any other personal inquiries email: kellyjulieth@mail.usf.edu HCXO