This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

We all love getting new makeup, and we all love subscription boxes so, why not combine them both? Sephora has done precisely that with the “Play!” box. This subscription box, in particular, sends you five name brand makeup samples with a fragrance bonus every month for only $10! On top of that, each box has a different theme usually about the season and time of year. The 2017 October “Play!” box theme is Complexion Companions to get your skin ready for the holidays. Here is what the box included:

1.) Becca First Light Filter Face Primer

This primer preps your skin, so your makeup stays on longer as well as evens out your skin tone and imperfections. This cream based primer includes Cool Light Technology that softly scatters translucent, cool violet light and light reflecting pearls to brighten up your complexion as well as deliver moisture to the skin. This primer is a solution for dryness, dullness, and uneven skin.

–  ”I love this primer! It almost makes my skin look perfect even before I apply foundation. Definitely worth the money.”

2.) Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

This medium coverage foundation is a bestseller for its ultra-lightweight texture that provides unfiltered perfection in every light. It was developed for the film and TV industry to deliver perfect looking skin even under a super focused 4K lens. The Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation is formulated for every skin type, and the finish is natural.

– ”This foundation is my go to! It’s beautiful and blends like magic- it looks beautiful in all photos, and it’s smooth and doesn’t leave a textured face behind.”

3.) Laura Mercier Translucent Powder

This silky loose translucent setting powder creates a soft focus finish for a makeup look that lasts all day. Research results on 32 women after two weeks say 100% of women thought that it is the key to long-lasting makeup and that it is lightweight and does not look cakey on the skin. It also controls and reduces shine.

-“ I absolutely love this setting powder. It makes such a difference, especially setting my concealer. I do not feel complete without using this!”

4.) Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight

This highlighter is like no other. It is an ultra concentrated highlighting liquid formula that has the power to blind all your haters. Use it on its own to create a killer liquid metal highlight or mix a drop into your foundation for an all-over glow. The Cover FX drops also come as a liquid matte bronzer.

-“Beautiful glow. Unlike most liquid products. It applies like a dream over powders. I wear this alone on no makeup days, and it’s seriously so gorgeous.” 

5.) Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Skin Booster

Renew your skin with this ultra-hydrating facial serum. It is infused with argan oil and hyaluronic-acid to plum, prep, hydrate, and smooth your skin to create the perfect canvas for makeup application. Use before your primer to double up on the longevity of your makeup.               -“I bought this to try out on my wrinkles around my smile lines. All I can say is wow does this work miracles. Worth every penny and will repurchase.

6.) Chanel Gabrielle Chanel

A beautifully elegant perfume perfect for everyday use. This floral perfume has key notes of Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Grasse Tuberose, and Ylang-Ylang.

-” An improved classic. It has a timeless, classy scent without the musky undertone that reminds you of your grandmother’s house. Good for all ages.”

So, if this all sounds good to you, sign up for the Play! subscription box here! Check back for the November Play! Box in a few weeks.

https://www.sephora.com/product/play-subscription-P396286?icid2=play_lp_…

Xoxo,  Leah 

Leah Germain is a sophomore mass communications major at the University of South Florida St. Peterburg. She has passions of acting, singing, modeling, makeup/ skincare, and fashion. She aspires to one day be a media broadcaster and hopefully be the next Katie Couric but until then she can be found in her spare time at Starbucks, singing in the car, or getting her nails done. Leah Germain lives in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.