This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This time last April, I was swamped with projects, homework and exams. However, there was a music festival in Fort Myers that I had really wanted to attend. One of my favorite bands, The Pretty Reckless, was performing on the Sunday and so was Soundgarden. I thought about going, and was thisclose to buying a ticket, but I decided against it as I had a final that Monday morning after. I had already seen The Pretty Reckless, and I knew they toured a lot, so I did not feel like I was missing out too much. And Soundgarden was just coming back, so I thought they would be back to Florida soon with their tour.

However, two weeks later, Chris Cornell (lead singer of Soundgarden) passed away.

Ever since, I have been on a mission to see as many of my favorite bands/artists as I can. I can’t rely on seeing an artist “the next time,” as the next time may never come.

Over the past year, I have been to countless concerts, crossing so many off of my bucket list. Some may view it as a little excessive, but I don’t want to have another one of those Soundgarden moments again.

This month, April, has been my busiest month of concerts yet. I saw Lorde earlier in the month (Shayla and I wrote an article all about it for HC a few weeks ago. Check it out!). I went to my second-ever stadium show to see Old Dominion, Thomas Rhett and Kenny Chesney, which was electrifying since so many people were there.

This past Wednesday, I saw one of my biggest inspirations: Foo Fighters. Finally being able to see Dave Grohl and the band in concert after years of looking up to them was such a great experience.

And as I type this, I am packing my bags to go to Welcome to Rockville, a three-day rock music festival in Jacksonville (which was one of the final shows Chris Cornell played with Soundgarden, right before the Fort Myers show). I get to see Foo Fighters again (twice in one week!), Billy Idol, Ozzy Osbourne, Stone Sour, Halestorm, and another band that has deeply influenced my entire existence, Stone Temple Pilots. Even though the lead singer Scott Weiland (one of my favorite musicians ever) passed away a few years ago, the band has continued with a new lead singer. While it won’t be the same, I am glad I still get to see ¾ of the original band.

Embarking on this concert journey has been so rewarding and fun. I recommend to go to any concert you can, as you never know when the last time someone will tour. And, it’s super fun and exciting too!

HC XOXO,

Danielle

Danielle Lysik is a senior at USFSP majoring in Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. Danielle's main passion in life is music and loves going to concerts whenever possible. Aside from music, Danielle loves to read and spend time with her family and friends. 
Annie is a social media writer for USF St. Petersburg Marketing and Communications Department. She is majoring in Sociology and Criminology and minoring in Psychology and Leadership. "If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison