Meet the Team: Cynthya Marie Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Cynthya Marie Walker, a Mass Communications major at USF St. Petersburg expects to graduate in 2017. Campus involvement began with Her Campus in the fall of 2014 and in the short time of involvement, Cynthya has earned the position of Editing and Content Chair. These few months have been a joy to work with Cynthya as her professionalism, friendliness and seriousness in times of need have helped our Her Campus chapter continue the right path.

We sat down with our fellow EC member and campus correspondent to let you, our readers, learn a little bit more about her.

K- What Stories do you like to write about?

C- I like to write blogs and features. I like Blogs because I have the freedom to express my opinion about any topic and Features because I get the chance to be informative and factual. 

K- What are your career aspirations and goals?

C- I hope to write for a magazine company, ideally Cosmopolitan.

K- What are some of your hobbies?

C- I’ve recently started painting, nothing too serious, but it brings out my creativity and I love it. I also like to online window shop more than I should!

K- Bucket list #1 item?

C- Ride in a hot air balloon. Its been my #1 for years! 

K- Coke or Pepsi?

C- Neither! Not a soda person, I prefer water or fruit juice.

K- Single or taken?

C- Taken by my high school sweetheart! 

K- Number one band?

C- Is it bad that I don’t have one?

K- Favorite genre of music?

C- Whatever Song puts on for me! I’m not very picky.

K- What do you love at USFSP?

C- I love the water and the location. I can sit by the water, watch planes fly above my head, or walk downtown in 10 minutes. What other school can do that?

K- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

C- In 10 years, I’ll be 29. (WOW). Well, I see myself living in a big city. A biiiig city. I was raised among high-rises and subways so I’d like to return after graduation and work for Cosmopolitan, all while taking fun dance or art classes! I’d be married by then and possibly have one or two kids. Oh God, I’m starting to feel old. As nervous as I am to make another drastic change in my life (the first being moving to Florida for college!), I’m really excited to graduate and start my life in the city. I can’t wait to get my career up and going!

Kelly Mora-Romero is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF St. Petersburg. She was born in Colombia but has lived in the US since 2004. As a Global Business and Marketing major with a minor in Mass Communications, Kelly's dream job is to work in international marketing with a big communications company; traveling is a must! Her biggest inspiration for stories come from local or campus-related news, advise for the every-day life and tips on success. If you wish to contact Campus Correspondent Kelly for article ideas or any comments/concerns/issues at USFSP email at: kellyromero@hercampus.com For any other personal inquiries email: kellyjulieth@mail.usf.edu HCXO