Meet the Team: Choya Randolph

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Hey, come get acquainted with one of our Her Campus contributors Choya Randolph! She is a heavily involved student on campus with an eclectic style and an outgoing personality to match. Her great work ethic and determination to succeed is sure to take her far. You, our readers will be the first to know Randolph before she takes the world by storm!

Age: 18 Major: Mass Communications

What year are you: Junior

What do you want to do with your major?

I love the major so much that I can see myself enjoying anything such as public relations, newspaper employment or advertising. I personally would love to receive my Master’s degree in TV entertainment so that I can work for a TV company or maybe even a magazine.

What made you decide on your major?

I’ve always had a passion for writing and working with people. Mass Communications does a great job at being a hybrid of those two things. Plus, I love being able to write about celebrities; AKA throwing shade.

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

I see myself rich, like really rich. God I hope I become rich. I also hope to be working for an entertainment company whether the focus be on magazines or TV entertainment.

What made you decide to come to USFSP?

I was very unsure about what school I was going to. I got accepted in about 15 universities and as my first Fall semester came closer and closer I found myself heavily weighing USFSP. I’ve been on a few campuses but something special occurred when I first step foot at USFSP, I found my dream school and home.

What would you say you like best about the campus?

What I like best about this campus is how small it is. I’m literally getting a private school education for a public school price. All my professors know my name and the school is like a community and you can’t find that everywhere.

How are you involved on campus? What made you become involved?

I’m a founding member of Delta Epsilon Iota, which is an honor society. I’m a senator of Student Government as well as new University, Community, Government Affairs chair. I’m head of Recruitment committee for Dance Marathon. I’m also an active member of the Office of Multicultural Affairs, Caribbean Culture Exchange and Black Student Association. I got involved on campus because I wanted to leave some type of legacy. Plus I needed to make friends.

I noticed you are a vibrant person (clothes, hair, bubbly personality) how would you define your style?

I don’t think I can define my style but vibrant is definitely a good word. My hair has been over eight colors, I have a collection of boots and I have about five different pairs of glasses (I don’t even need glasses). I know a common thing parents tell the younger generation is to enjoy being young and to be yourself and I take that so seriously that I use my style to exemplify it.

What would you say is your best characteristic?

I’m not afraid to talk to anyone so I’m always talking to people that I don’t know which I think is a good thing because it helps me make friends.

What is your favorite quote (Or a saying you like)?

I really love the Disney term “Hakuna Matata” but another quote I live by is “Don’t let the fear of dying keep you from living,”

Who inspires you most?

Not to get all religious but I really do look up Jesus. He’s pretty awesome. I also am madly and deeply in love with SpongeBob Squarepants. He is awesome as well.

What are your hobbies?

I have another passion for music so I am constantly playing the piano and singing. I also like writing, which is such a shocker since I’m a Mass Communication major. I also love talking, shout out to the dictionary!

Where is the coolest place you have traveled?

I just went to Minnesota on Valentine’s Day and it was the first time I was on the plane and the first time I’ve seen snow. It was one of the best experiences ever!

What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

About a month ago I got my first piercing, which was my nose piercing. It was scary and awesome at the same time but hands down the most adventurous thing I’ve done.

Bryana Perkins is a Mass Communications Major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She is originally from Philadelphia, PA., but has been living in Florida for ten years. Perkins will soon graduate and hopes to use her writing skills to work for a non-profit organization. She enjoys sports, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite topics to write about are people and community. Perkins hopes her desire to write will impact people's lives in a positive.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.