Lose the Weight in a Healthy and Easy Way.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Even though summer 2013 has come to an end, you don’t need bikini season to give you the motivation to loose the unwanted pounds that have taken residence on your ass.

As collegiates we are constantly being overwhelmed with assignments and projects. The time that’s required to be on a strict diet and intensive exercise plan probably isn’t realistic for most of us. Dieting takes work, effort and a whole lot of extra time that students normally can’t spare. But what if I told you that you could eat what you want, hardly exercise and still drop the weight.

The past two months I have thrown myself into a whole new lifestyle; I was the fast food queen, partly because I can’t cook and partly because there never seems to be enough time in the day to make healthy decisions. With the new healthy lifestyle I have undertaken, I have lost 26.4 pounds in 2 months time and I have NEVER felt better.  Not only do I feel better, but I have also realized how easy it has been to take this life-changing journey. Here are 5 tips for dieting and exercising that I’ve followed to lose weight.

Small Meals throughout the Day- And Count those Calories

·      Don’t give your stomach a chance to get hungry. Eat little snacks between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Download the app “My Fitness Pal” on your smart phone. This will be your best friend. This app allows you to search any food at most restaurants and will give you the calorie count. STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES PER DAY.

Make Nice with Protein and Vegetables

·      Eat protein and vegetables with EVERY meal. When you look down at your food, the majority of real estate on the plate should be vegetables. If it isn’t, add more vegetables. Stick with lean meats; i.e. chicken, pork, fish.

H20, H20 and more H20

·      Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. You will have to use the bathroom more than you have in your life, so be prepared. Not only is it key for staying hydrated in this Florida heat, but also the water keeps you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day.

Juice it Up

·      Invest in a NutriBullet! These unique type of blenders can and will change your life. It is a little pricy, but for those who have a hard time eating in the morning, this will make it easier! Cut and dice any and every kind of fruits and vegetables you enjoy and start juicing! You get all of the nutrients you need for the day, which gives you energy and keeps you from feeling sluggish while running from class to class.

Exercise the Easy Way- “The Pinterest Work Out”

·      Most of us can confidently say that if anyone were to look at our Pinterest boards, they would think that we are getting married and/or are the craftiest people they have ever met. Stop scrolling past that “Health and Fitness” tab and pick out a work out for your core, arms, or legs and do a different one every time. Add 30 minutes of cardio (walking, jogging, and running up your stairs a few more times than usual) to that and you have your workout for the day.

By now you are probably thinking to yourself that there is no way that I lost this much weight by hardly doing anything.  Well, you’re partially right. Before this diet, I was hungry all day every day, and the combination of that with not having the time to cook for myself, resulted in the quick gaining of 40 pounds.

I needed a jump-start, and you may need one too. There is a weight loss program that I started with in Tampa. For $100 a month, this program provides you with a month’s supply of Phentermine (appetite suppressant), Calcium Pyruvate (fat burner) and a weekly B-12 shot. The Phentermine usually stops people in their tracks, with the reputation that these types of pills have. I have done similar weight loss programs in the past, and it isn’t what you think. The biggest misconception is that these suppressant’s make you not want to eat. I can assure you that I still get hungry and I don’t have to force myself to eat. I sleep well at night and have had zero side effects with these pills. If there were, I would have ditched this program fast. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to you. If you’re interested in the program, contact us on our Facebook page and I will get you the information.

Fall is here and winter is approaching. The time of the year for layering and covering up our body tends to give us an excuse to eat what we want. Just remember that it isn’t about being skinny or being thin, it’s about living a healthier lifestyle, and feeling better every day.

photo credits: Pinterest.com

My name is Angela Blockburger and I am currently a senior at USFSP. I am a journalism and media studies major, and am 24 years old. I love to write, and since I was in middle school, I have always believed that I am better at expressing myself through my writing then speaking. I am excited to be a part of HerCampus this semester!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.