This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I’m here to tell you to stop overthinking what a guy tells you in the heat of the moment.

“Don’t overthink.”

“Were just having fun.”

His words will haunt you and have you going in circles for days on end.

Let me tell you the truth: he really just isn’t worth your time.

If he truly were, he would have stuck around.

He should have thought it through before touching your skin in a way that would make you feel

like you were the only one he ever truly cared for.

When in reality, you were just another girl who he thought he could mold into his “perfect” girl.

But you know what, his perfect girl looks like those same ten brunette instagram models that you’ll find on the explore page.

You’re different from them. And that’s okay.

The blames not all on him though.

You were swept away by his whispered compliments, meant for only you to hear. His lips that kissed you just enough to make you wanting more. His gentle touch that seemed to start a fire under your skin.

You opened up and let him in. Just enough to give him a taste of what he thought you were giving others.

When in reality, he was the only one who could make you blossom open like a flower reaching for the first rays of sun.

You both had the power to stop and yet you both continued.

For you, it meant getting what you had always wanted. For him, it meant nothing but proving a point to himself.

You continue to cherish that moment despite the way things ended. You won’t let the memory be tarnished by the fear of what ifs.

Because the what ifs simply aren’t a reality anymore.

He proved to you that he didn’t truly deserve you.

No matter what your choice was, you made it for yourself.

Continue to make those decisions to make yourself happy. Not him, or her, or anyone who thinks they can walk in and tell you that your decisions are wrong simply because they don’t align with theirs.

Be happy, be free, be you.

HCXOXO,

Vanessa Rivera

Hey, I'm Vanessa! Im a senior at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. I hope you enjoy my writing that will be about literally anything and everything. My goal after college is to find a career in the entertainment or music industry. To make that happen, I'm currently planning a big move from sunny Florida to sunny California! Follow me on my journey through my writing, enjoy!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.