This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

As the holidays are just around the corner, it’s time to think about what gifts to get for all of the special people in your life. Sometimes the hardest part is deciding what to get. Here are some quick yet cute purchasable gift ideas and even some D.I.Y. gifts if you’re college budget is extra tight at this time of the year.

Ten gift ideas for girlfriends.

1. Small wallet or clutch. Tj Maxx, Nordstom Rack, and Marshalls always have designer wallets and clutches on sale.
  2. Festive nail polish. Maybe paired with a mani/pedi kit.
  3. Travel cup. Don’t skimp, get the one with the cute straw.
  4. Printed socks.
  5. Monogram necklace with their initial.
  6. A new makeup bag…
  7. And some makeup to go in it. No one can ever have too many Baby Lips, EOS, or Burts Bees during this time of year.
  8. A 2015 planner.
  9. Anything and everything from Bath & Body Works. Lotions, scrubs and sprays, oh my! Be sure to check the back and make sure it was not tested on an innocent little animal.
  10. A framed picture of the two of you together.  

Ten gift ideas for him.

1. Watch. Some brand ideas: Nixon, Fossil, Diesel.
  2. An athletic bracelet. The popular types are the Fitbit Flex, Jawbone, Nike Fuelband.
  3. A nice wallet.
  4. Tickets. Whether to a sporting game, concert or other event it’s a great way to make a memory out of this present.
  5. Sunglasses.
  6. Clothes or shoes. Ladies, the key is to buy what you like then they’ll wear it.  
  7. Video game, if he’s into that.
  8. An over the door basketball hoop. His inner child will love you for this, plus he’ll think he has a “man cave”.
  9. A picture frame with a picture of the two of you, or even just you. He will love it and put it on his nightstand. I promise.
  10. Masculine products. Crew is a great men’s hair product. Moroccan Oil also has a unisex body soap out that smells amazing. Bath & Body Works now carries a men’s line, if you want to save a shopping trip.

D.I.Y. section for all my crafty and/or frugal viewers out there. See Pinterest for details.

1. Decorated ornaments.
  2. A sentimental personalized gift such as a coupon book, or a deck of cards with the “52 Things I Love About You”.
  3. Tie blanket. Easy, and no sew.
  4. Coasters. There are so many different decorating options. Easier to make than it sounds.
  5. Sugar or salt body scrubs.  
  6. Jewelry.
  7. Homemade baked goodies. Put them in a cute mason jar and you will be golden.
  8. Turban headbands.
  9. A personalized coffee mug.
  10. A painted canvas. Words, colors, designs, pictures, whatever your artistic ability permits. You may be pleasantly surprised by how the canvas turns out.

Happy shopping!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to all.

~HCXO

Photo Credit to Pinterest Designs

Madison Fowler is the Vice-President of Her Campus: University of South Florida St. Petersburg Chapter. She is currently a sophomore majoring in Mass Communications at the University of South Florida, in St. Petersburg. Born in Toledo, Ohio and lived in Dallas, Texas, Madison currently resides in St. Petersburg, of the sunshine state. She hopes to study abroad during her college career. When Madison is not writing for Her Campus, she enjoys beach days, practicing yoga and volunteering at local animal shelters.Contact Madison:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006219798142mfowler@mail.usf.edu
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.