Her Campus Takes On Winter Wonderland at USFSP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Her Campus’ Kelli, Megan, Shayla, Imani and Vanessa took on USFSP’s Winter Wonderland, which was hosted by the USC. There were several activities for students at this event to enjoy. A festive food table was plenished with multiple goodies such as chocolate fudge brownies, smores and of course we can’t forget the hot chocolate!

Students were also able to entertain themselves with some arts and crafts activities. Several people made colorful picture frames to give away for Christmas while others got to have funky beanies made with their best friends.

One of the highlights of the event was the fake snow pit in the middle of Harborlawn. As soon as the snow was dumped on the ground, students ran over to start an epic snowball fight. There were definitely a select few that were highly competitive; one student even made a mini fort where he could hide while he pummeled people in the face with the snowballs. A large cutout of Anna and Elsa was brought out to as decor for the snowpit, but it quickly became a target for people to try to hit. Poor Anna and Elsa, the snow was not on their side tonight. Some of the HC members had the unfortunate fate of Anna and Elsa, but decided to let it go (note the subtle Frozen reference).

All and all, Winter Wonderland was a great stress reliever. Students could enjoy the company of their closest friends, while listening to some joyous christmas music, and just having a good time. We may be in Florida, but we got a taste of a real Christmas tonight.

HC with care,

Kelli & Megan

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
Megan Hammer is a junior at USFSP and is majoring in Global Business. She loves to travel, write, and listen to music. She is a musician herself, so she enjoys playing with other musicians in her spare time. An Illinois native, she is interested in experiencing different cultures and trying new things. Some places she has traveled to include Monaco, France, Germany, Italy, and England. Megan is constantly on the lookout for her next great adventure. She dreams of joining a volunteer service organization and giving time to communities in South America or Africa. As President & Campus Correspondent, she proudly represents the USFSP Her Campus chapter.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.