Freshman Acting on her Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Ever since freshman Kelli Carmack felt the stage lights on her face during her seventh-grade performance in Mulan, she has known her dream of becoming an actress. This semester she has been making progress on that dream with recently being cast in her first movie. 

It is a local movie, “Live Love and Laugh,” that will begin filming in about two weeks. 

“That was my first audition for a movie, so I was really nervous for it, but it was really cool. Movies are what I want to do as an actress, so to be one step closer to that dream is pretty awesome,” Carmack said. 

Carmack will be playing the part of the sister of the lead role, she says she thinks it will be the perfect start for her. 

“There’s no pressure, I’m only filming for two days and it is going to be a great learning experience,” Camrack said 

One of her biggest acting inspirations is Jennifer Lawrence.

“My ultimate goal in life is to become an Oscar winning actress and she achieved that goal at 22 so I think that is so cool,” she said.

Recently, she got the part in a video for the YouTube Channel, NWB Trending. This channel has videos with over 60,000 views. She will be acting in another one in the next coming month. 

Currently, she is participating in the USFSP Campus Movie Fest with a few friends, they are creating three videos, two of which she is starring in. 

While Carmack is often working towards her acting dreams, she still has some spare time on campus. 

“I like watching Netflix in my room or going to the Reef on Taco Tuesday with friends,” she said.

If Carmack could meet one actress, she would meet Meryl Streep for the advice she could offer.

“Arguably she is the best actress of all time so to be able to meet with her and get her life story, her advice, that would be something I would treasure for the rest of my life,” she said. 

Evy Guerra is a Journalism major at USFSP. After graduating she would like to write for the news to help tell stories that need to be heard. She loves reading memoirs, watching Parks and Recreation, and listening to Beyoncé with her sisters.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.