This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Florida is home to a lot of strange, cool, things, so why not spend the summer exploring your backyard?

Here is a list of 25 things you can do in Florida this summer for under $50.

1. Castillo de San Marcos  For only $10 you have complete access to this historical site. Taking a walking tour of this breathtaking site and learn about Florida’s history dating back to 1695.

2. Ponce De Leon’s Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park   Have a picnic on the grounds that is home to the Fountain of Youth. If you are brave enough, you can get a sip of the water that is said to restore your youth. Tickets range between $14 -15. Located in St. Augustine.

3. Lowry Park Zoo You are never too old to checkout a zoo. Lowry Park Zoo is local and has tons of animals you get to interact with while you are there. Tickets are $27.95.

4. Bok Tower Gardens.  Come visit the highest point in Florida, located in Lake Wales. Explore the gardens and scenery that surround the singing tower. Tickets range between $12-18. Another added perk is that it is a great place to have a photoshoot.

5. Everglades National Park  Explore Florida Everglades National Park through an airboat tour and get a first hand view of the beauty of Florida’s Wildlife. Tickets start at $25 depending on how much of the Everglades you want to see. Located in Fort Lauderdale.

6. Clearwater Marine Aquarium   Visit Winter the dolphin, who inspired Dolphin Tales, and all of her marine animal friends at this local aquarium. Tickets are $22.

7. Madame Tussauds Orlando  Meetup with some of your favorite celebrities at the wax museum. Tickets are $22

8. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium.  Explore the bizarre and rare one-of-a-kind artifacts on display at Ripley’s Believe It or Not. You even have the opportunity to be greeted by the Ghost of Robert Ripley. This is located in Orlando and tickets are $21.

9. The Orlando Eye.  View the beauty of downtown Orlando from a 400 ft ferris wheel. The Eye is the tallest wheel on the East Coast. Tickets are $20 and it comes with access to a 4D movie following your ride.

10. Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.  Relive Jack and Rose’s love story by experiencing the Titanic. Learn the history of the boat and take pictures inside of the replica. This is located in Orlando and the cost is $21.

11. WonderWorks.  WonderWorks is a mental theme park that is both educational and entertaining. You can experience everything from an indoor rope course to a laser tag arena. This is located in Orlando and will cost you only $32.

12. Ghosts & Gravestone Tours.  If you are a fan of supernatural activities, then hop on the Trolley of Doom. This trolley rides tell you the dark side St. Augustine with stops at the lighthouse, jail house and cemeteries. The supernatural trip cost $27.

13. Tropical Party Cruise.  For those who are 21 and up, take a cruise down Clearwater Harbor. The Cruise features Caribbean style cuisine and drinks. Party on the water while viewing all that Clearwater has to offer.

14. Bone Island Haunted Pub Crawl.  If you are 21 and older and enjoy interaction with supernatural beings, then the Haunted Pub Crawl is for you. Experience some of Key West’s creepiest places while sipping on a drink of your liking. This pub crawl is only $21.

15. Jet Boat Tour. See the city of Miami in a whole new way. For $30 you can get a jet boat tour of all the miami hotspots. You see everything from the skyline to Biscayne Bay.

16. America’s Escape Game.  Channel your inner Scooby Doo with this mystery game. You are trapped in a building and have an hour to solve a chain of different challenges. This fun and interactive challenge is $37 and is located in Orlando.

17. Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour.  Did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory peak your interest about chocolate? If you answered yes, then head on over to Orlando to visit Chocolate Kingdom, where you can see first hand how chocolate is made and even have a mini taste test for $18.

18. Weeki Wachee Springs State Park.   This interactive park features everything from dolphins to Mermaids. That’s right they have tons of shows where you get to see mermaids live in action. Besides being an interactive state park, it has a water park attached. It is located in Spring Hill and cost $13 for the entire day.

19. Daytona Flea Market.  Calling all thrift shoppers. Spend the day exploring one of the United States biggest flea markets, located in Daytona Florida. The Flea market features over 600 vendors and 1000 booths,  you are almost guaranteed not to leave empty handed. The best part about it is that the flea market is free. Talk about a bargain.

20. Wekiwa Springs State Park.  Spend the day exploring nature at this picture perfect state park. There are over 13 miles of nature to explore. Some of the fun things you can do at Wekiwa Springs include hiking, bicycling and horseback riding.  And if you are craving an adventure, you can camp overnight. It’s $6 per car to get access to the park and around $30 to camp overnight.

21. Silver Springs.  This one of the biggest artesian springs in the world. It is home to the Glass Bottom Boat tour where visitors can see the spring and the wildlife that live under the sea. It also offers kayaking and paddle boarding. It costs $8 per car, which gives you access to Wild Waters Waterpark.  

22. Lion Country Safari African Adventure.   Africa meets Florida in this drive through safari tour that features zebras, iguanas, giraffes, spider monkey’s and more. The safari adventure cost $33 and is located in Loxahatchee.

23. Lakeridge Winery.  Tour one of Florida’s wineries and have a taste test of the wine. You even get to experience grape stomping. This 45 minute adventure is located in Clermont. The pricing varies, but this winery hosts tons of festivals throughout the summer.

24. Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour.  Learn the history of Winter Park while taking a tour of the wildlife via boat. This scenic trip only costs $12.

25. Brooker Creek Preserve.  Take a guided tour of the largest nature area in Pinellas County. This preserve has lots for you to do, including a horse trail and an education center where you can learn more about Florida’s ecosystems.The best is that it’s free. This is located in Tarpon Springs.

The best part about all of these places is that they are under $50 and don’t require you to travel out of state. Not to mention these places can make some bomb Instagram pictures.

Have a great summer bulls.

All images are owned by google.com 

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.