This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Finals week and the time prior can lead to significant amount of stress on your mind and body. And if your semester has been anything like mine, personal stresses tend to pile up just when school work is at its peak. When a person is stressed, it can take a toll mentally and physically, which makes it harder to perform your best on exams. In effort to help combat stress at the end of the semester or any time, here are a few tips I use.

1. Make a To-Do List and Plan Your Time

Plan what you’ll focus on each day and for how long. Setting goals helps break down the big picture and keep you from getting overwhelmed. And keep in mind, seeing a tutor or studying with a classmate will help hold you to your projected schedule.

2. Set Aside Time for a Break

Don’t push yourself past your limit or you’ll break. If you need to reduce your hours at work for the weeks leading up to finals, your boss will likely understand.

3. Treat Yourself

Trust me, no one knows how overworked you are better than Ben and Jerry.

4. Vent

Chances are all your friends feel just the same right now. Sometimes you just need to let it out!

5. Ask for Help

On-campus resources can be a lifesaver when you’re struggling. At USFSP, the Student Success Center has tutors for every subject who are ready to help you!

My name is Chloe Thirion. I am a twenty-one year old Accounting major with a Management minor in the Honors College at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.  I currently work on campus as an RA in Residence Hall One and at a daycare for kids under three years old.    I like the simple things in life. I love shopping for office supplies. A neatly organized to-do list can make me  positively giddy. I carry a small legal pad and a pen with me so I can take notes as I need. My favorite pizza is  margherita. I love coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and I believe there is a time and place for each. I like to  daydream. My favorite thing to do is read.  I have little, little siblings-- my brother Rhett is thirteen and my sister Lilly is six. I like to be the boss; that might be obvious from the birth order situation. I might even go so far as to say I'm a control freak.    I hope to go on to get my Master's of Accountancy after my bachelor's. I like school; I tell people it's the only thing I know how to do, but I'm (half) joking when I say that.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.