Campus Cutie: Nicholas Mazza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Nick Mazza, 21-years-old, is a senior in the Honors Program getting his Bachelors in Psychology. Mazza, a native Floridian, came to USFSP after the strong suggestion of his father, who is an Alumni of this campus.

What made you decide to be Psychology major?

After taking psychology as an elective in high school, I found learning about how the human mind works to be fascinating so I made it my major.

What are your future plans?

As of right now, I’m planning on integrating my psychology major with my entrepreneurship minor by starting my own business based on helping people change their mindsets in new and positive ways. 

How are you involved on campus?

I try to attend most of the events held on campus and I’m the president of Juggling club (soon to be Juggling +) here on campus. We currently hold a weekly meeting every Wednesday from 5 to 6pm right outside the USC by the bike racks.

Do you work on campus?

I absolutely love working on campus. As a tutor working in the Student Success Center, I’m able to be more involved on campus and I get to know more students.

What have you learned from working at the Student Success Center?

I’ve learned that the more you help other students understand a subject, the better you know and understand the subject yourself.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I prefer to watch movies, play games, and spend time with my family and pets.

Tell me a fun fact about yourself?

I know how to solve a Rubik’s Cube.

What is your favorite food?

A gyro wrap with warm pita bread.

What is your favorite animal?

I like all animals, but my favorite would have to be a dog. My family has 2 dogs, a Miniature Schnauzer and a Yorkie / Shih Tzu mix, 2 cats, and 2 turtles (one came with the house).

If you had 1 million dollars what would you do with it?

I would give back to my family and friends that have supported me over the years, fund and invest in my future business, give back to local businesses and charities and save whatever was left over.

What is the craziest/most adventurous thing you have ever done?

Probably hiking through Fall Creek Falls state park and Great Smokey Mountains state park up in Tennessee. During one of my hiking trips I got to stand on the very edge of a rocky ledge hundreds of feet up off the ground with a spectacular view of forest-covered mountains as far as the eye could see.

Bryana Perkins is a Mass Communications Major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She is originally from Philadelphia, PA., but has been living in Florida for ten years. Perkins will soon graduate and hopes to use her writing skills to work for a non-profit organization. She enjoys sports, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite topics to write about are people and community. Perkins hopes her desire to write will impact people's lives in a positive.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.