Campus Cutie: Jordan Palavra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Meet Jordan Palavra! A senior who loves USFSP and meeting new people.

What year are you?

I’m a senior but I’ll graduate in five years.

What’s your major?

Accounting.

What do you hope to do with your major after graduation?

The dream is to graduate and then go for my CPA and then work my way up the business and hopefully work for a major corporation such as Nike or Samsung and be a CFO.

Why did you decide to come to USFSP?

I did not choose USFSP, I actually applied to Tampa and I got deferred here.Iit was one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

In what ways are you involved on campus?

I started getting involved sophomore year with the Black Student Association and then this year I started doing Harborside Activities Board, I am the director of Stage Acts for that. I’m a USFSP Ambassador as well.

What does it mean to be a USFSP Ambassador?

As an ambassador you’re kind of like the face of the school. When people come to this campus and want a good representation of what the school wants to portray they go to the ambassadors for that. I’m lucky enough to be a part of that.

What do you like to tell people as an ambassador?

Here at USFSP we have more a family vibe, you come here to build relationships.

What made you want to be Director of Stage Acts?

I started off with MAC, the Multicultural Activities Council, and I wanted something more generic so I went with HAB and I was pretty good with hosting events so I went with Stage Acts. I felt like it would be a good opportunity to meet people and it has been pretty fun so far.

What is the best part of being involved on campus?

Just getting to meet people everyday. Limitless opportunities, you meet people talk to them and you learn something that you would never know otherwise.

What advice would you give to incoming freshmen at USFSP?

I would say keep a small circle, especially with a smaller campus. Try and keep your friends close because things spread like wildfire here.

Evy Guerra is a Journalism major at USFSP. After graduating she would like to write for the news to help tell stories that need to be heard. She loves reading memoirs, watching Parks and Recreation, and listening to Beyoncé with her sisters.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.