Campus Celebrity: Nia Joseph

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

It is not hard to see her around campus setting up for a Multicultural Affairs event or acting as an information source for those in need. Nia Joseph is a 19 year-old Junior, majoring in Health Science and minoring in Business. Her dedication to USFSP was also exhibited when she ran for student body President. Get to know this week’s Campus Celebrity Nia a little more here!

What would you like to do with your degree?

I would like to do health care administration and Hospital Management.

What made you decide to attend USFSP?

I decided to come to USFSP because it is a smaller campus and the class sizes are smaller than USF Tampa.

What do you like most about USFSP?

I love how beautiful our campus is and how easy it is to connect with the community and get involved.

Do you have a job outside of your school work? What have you learned from your job?

Yes! I work in the Office of Multicultural Affairs on campus and I also babysit part time. I have learned that time management is critical to being successful. Sometimes it’s hard to do everything you want to do but planning is really important so you can maximize your time and opportunities.

How are you involved on campus? What are your responsibilities?

I am a Student Assistant in the Office of Multicultural Affairs, President of the Caribbean Cultural Exchange, a Volunteer for the Multicultural Activities Council, a member of Black Students Association and Latin American Student Association, as well as a resource to other clubs. My responsibilities are to help support clubs and organizations whenever there is a need, and to help put on events.

I know you ran for the position of student body President, what made you decide to do so?

I ran for student body President, because I wanted to change the perception that the student body has about Student Government. I wanted to be able to create more support for student clubs and organization and I wanted to shift the focus of SG goals back to the students.

What do you like to do for fun? Do you have any hobbies?

I enjoy looking up creative crafts to do on Pinterest. I like painting and listening to music.

What would you say is your best quality?

My best quality would probably be my sense of humor.

What is your favorite quote?

Live, Laugh, Learn, Love.

Who motivates your the most (hero, mentor, adviser)?

My parents motivate me the most. They are always pushing me to do my best and to keep my head up.

Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?

In ten years I see myself with a good job in a hospital and hopefully married.

If you could travel anywhere (cost not being an issue) where would you go?

I would go to Australia or Fiji.

What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

I swam with dolphins in Jamaica.

What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

Get involved! Go to as many events and club meetings as possible. Meet new people and create lasting memories.

Bryana Perkins is a Mass Communications Major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She is originally from Philadelphia, PA., but has been living in Florida for ten years. Perkins will soon graduate and hopes to use her writing skills to work for a non-profit organization. She enjoys sports, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite topics to write about are people and community. Perkins hopes her desire to write will impact people's lives in a positive.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.