Campus Celebrity: Laura Paulavage

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This week’s USFSP Campus Celebrity is Laura Paulavage! For those of you who know her, you know she is always the happiest person in the room. Laura is very involved and active on campus. Her ability to communicate and understand people is what truly sets her apart from her peers.

Photo provided by Laura Paulavage

What year are you (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)?

Junior

Why did you decide to go to USFSP?

I love being by the ocean. Also, everyone was so welcoming at the campus.

What’s your major?

Health Sciences

What’s your favorite thing about our campus?

I love how you’re not treated like a number. The small campus population really helps to get to know everyone.

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

Study by the waterfront or participating in Intramural Sports.

In what ways you are involved on campus?

I am a P.E.E.R.S. Leader, group fitness instructor, IM referee, and student assistant.

What do you do when not at school (extra- curricular activities/jobs…etc)?

When I’m not in school or working, I volunteer at a pediatric and outpatient therapy center. I love playing volleyball or traveling during my time off.

If you could have a superpower which would you pick?

I would want the ability to time travel. This way I could go back in time and experience some of the most monumental moments in history.

Who’s your favorite musician or group?

I’ll listen to anything from Bobby Darin to Memphis May Fire.

Most importantly though, what’s your favorite movie?

Finding Nemo!

Photo provided by Laura Paulavage

HCXOXO

Alana Long

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.