This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

USFSP has finally done it: We have an art club at last!

“The Collection,” an art organization geared towards creating a flexible environment for its members, was founded by Antonio Permuy. He hopes to steer the club in the direction of the members’ interests and to expand their horizons by exploring St. Pete’s artistic community together. The Collection will be hosting group activities such as visits to the Dali Museum in order to educate the campus community about the creative accomplishments made locally. The club will also harness the expressive creativity of the student body by providing an imaginative outlet for creating artwork.

It will be open to anyone with an interest in the arts. Most meetings will be casually organized and flexible with discussions over specific artists and art movements.

The Collection’s first official event is this Monday, April 11th, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. in SLC 2100.

“Bulls for BOWIE” will be a tribute discussion to the late David Bowie, a legendary music artist who passed away in January. Participants in this event can expect to see music videos that defined Bowie’s career and to discuss the various ways in which his career impacted society and culture, as well as all that went into his work artistically, including his inspirations. The discussion will be in depth and highly informative, so visitors should be prepared to listen and learn as well as comment with their thoughts.

Photo provided by Megan Hammer

There will also be an opportunity to sign up and join The Collection when it begins its regular meetings in the fall.

Collect your thoughts and come check out The Collection!

HC with care,

Megan Hammer

Megan Hammer is a junior at USFSP and is majoring in Global Business. She loves to travel, write, and listen to music. She is a musician herself, so she enjoys playing with other musicians in her spare time. An Illinois native, she is interested in experiencing different cultures and trying new things. Some places she has traveled to include Monaco, France, Germany, Italy, and England. Megan is constantly on the lookout for her next great adventure. She dreams of joining a volunteer service organization and giving time to communities in South America or Africa. As President & Campus Correspondent, she proudly represents the USFSP Her Campus chapter.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.