This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Bodycon dresses are very much “in” right now, but how do they actually make you look? I have seen bodycon dresses worn when going out to clubs, to parties, and even just a casual day around town. This style of dress can be flattering on many because of its shape. The lines can really define your shape show off your body’s curves. But is this really a good trend?

I went around campus and asked a few people what they thought about the bodycon dress trend. The first thing I wanted to do was get a boys opinion on the subject. Steven Wallace says,” I think they make girls look really sexy.”

Bryan Bittner says,” I think bodycon dresses are sexy because they follow the contour of a woman’s body. They also slim down the appearance of whoever is wearing them. However, I think that there are only certain places that it is appropriate.”

For the most part, the girls had the shared the same thoughts as the guys. Jessica Gieger says,” It looks good on girls when it’s appropriate. At the club it’s okay, but not really anywhere else.”

Rose Kettelle-Daily says,” Bodycon dresses look good.  If the girl has the body for it then I think they should go for it!”

Andrea Lansdale says, “I think it’s situational. Like if you are going to the club it would be sexy and almost classy but if you’re going to like a family wedding it might be a little slutty. It also depends on how you where it.”

Overall, bodycon dresses have gotten a round of applause from most everyone. So if you are brave enough to try this new trend just remember to keep it to the club or a girl’s night out because it isn’t really well received aside from those select places. I know that I will definitely be going out and getting myself one! So what do you think, Trashy? Or Sexy?

Alana Long

Rescources

http://www.forever21.com/produ…

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.  
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.