This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Do you ever come across a song on Spotify by a new artist, fall in love, but never make the time to go back and listen to the artist completely? I have a habit of doing this often, but this time the artist popped back up on my Spotify and I just had to give him another listen.

Daniel Caesar is someone I briefly heard of before, but it wasn’t until a couple of months ago when I started to dive  deeply into all of the music he has produced thus far. The second I hear his soulful voice, I just melt inside. His voice is like no other and I absolutely love him! He hits those high notes flawlessly and you can sense the passion through every song he has released.

Photo Courtesy of Ashlea Wessel

He has been classified as an R&B soul singer-songwriter, only being 22 years old and from Canada. As time progresses, his name keeps popping up everywhere, being one of the most talked about newest artists in the music industry today. After releasing his album Freudian, Daniel landed two Grammy nominations in the same categories as Bruno Mars, SZA, and Kehlani. One of Daniel’s singles also made it on to the Billboard charts at number 11, and he has had numerous appearances on popular late night shows such as The Late Late Show With James Corden. If you aren’t impressed by his talent yet, it has been recorded that Daniel’s album Freudian has already earned 353 million streams in the United States alone. CRAZY, I know!

I love the fact that he has taken music to a whole new level and isn’t conforming to what is currently popular in the music industry. He is being his true authentic self, telling stories through his music of everything he has been through. When listening to the album, you almost feel a sense of connection to him and his experiences that he describes in his songs. The craziest part is that Daniel is accumulating all this success without the support of a major record label. He takes his music seriously and only wants a team behind him that will share the same values that Daniel cherishes when it comes to his music.

If you haven’t given this talented man a listen, please go show support and stream everything of his on Spotify. You might get into the feels but I am certain that you will fall in love with his lyrics and sound. I personally cannot wait for the masterpiece he creates next!

HCXOXO,

Shayla Fajardo

Source:https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8094802/daniel-caesar-grammys-2018-freudian-interview

Shayla Fajardo is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg who is majoring in Biology. She enjoys eating unhealthy amounts of pizza, hanging out with friends, binge watching Netflix shows, and attending concerts. A goal of hers has always been to be more involved on campus, so she made sure to actively be involved in three clubs at USFSP- Her Campus, Multicultural Activities Council, and Harborside Activities Board. Shayla's ultimate life goal is to one day become a marine biologist who can travel the world and make a difference.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.