5 little things that guys think women like that really make us cringe inside…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Have you ever had a guy try to impress you with confidence while you cringe on the inside? He tries to lure you in with his smooth talk, and “charming” ways. Guys think they know what a woman wants, but in reality they don’t. They are clueless as to what makes our inside fume with rage, and these are some things they do that cause this stir up…

1.       For all you curly hair girls: Don’t you just hate it when a guy tries to be cute by running his hands through your hair, but then finds himself in a knotted mess. LIKE HELLO, I know you know my hair is freshly done!  I know you aren’t goinng to take your nasty germy hands through my beautiful locks. I don’t even know where those hands have been. Next thing you know, you go from having hair that looks like Taylor Swift’s perfect curls to becoming the look alike of Troy Polamalu in the head and shoulders commercial. I don’t know about you, but I just want to scream “Keep your hands off the hair!”

Before:

When he messes with your hair:

After:

2.       I never knew my boyfriend was also my father… Guys love to baby their women, am I right? It’s like they feel the need to be guiding and protecting, LIKE HELLO 1 mother is enough. I don’t need 2 people grilling me about my safety and decisions. Geese, be a supporter not a debbie downer.

3.       Have you ever experienced a guy who is overly sarcastic because he still thinks we are in 2nd grade where the guys win over the girls that way. They call you names you don’t ever wish to be called because it’s their way of flirting. Well, sorry honey that’s not flirting at 20 years old that’s flirting at 5 years old.

4.       Tickle fights? C’mon really? Clearly you never left elementary school. I don’t know about you guys, but I am not into that. I really hate being tickled and apparently guys think we like it because we laugh. We only laugh because that is the normal reaction, but after we want take a pan to your head.

5.       Indecisive much? “Baby you pick, I want to go where you want to go.” Ever heard this before? As girls we want the man to lead. They think we want to pick, but most of us want the surprise. You end up in “I don’t know you pick,” and realize you have wasted an hour or 2 on this question. Just be a man and chose a place you know would make us happy. 

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.