5 Dorm Items You Don’t Think About Until You Forget Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

One of my three roommates and I moved into our residence hall three weeks ago- a week earlier than most of the other on-campus students for our on jobs at school.

There were a million or so things that I had on my packing list, but as soon as I moved into the residence hall, there were what felt like another hundred or so items that I forgot to buy or bring, even though this is the third year I have done the move from home to a dorm room.  After unpacking everything and setting up my room, these are some items that were forgotten and are important for comfortable and clean living:

1. Shampoo and conditioner

After unpacking everything, I realized I brought a ton of Bath & Body Works body wash, but ZERO bottles of shampoo or conditioner.

2. Shower hooks to hang the shower curtain

Let’s just say I nearly flooded the bathroom and drifted away during my first shower this year on campus. Even though I hung the shower curtain OVER the rod, it doesn’t have the same effect as being attached to the rod.

3. Garbage cans- for the kitchen, my bedroom, and bathroom

It is great having a Target less than 20 minutes away from campus; I certainly seemed to forget many practical items for my dorm room this time.

4. An extra power strip

Last year in my bedroom, I had two power strips. That might sound a bit excessive, but I didn’t realize how many things need to be plugged in until I ran out of outlets! Lamps, fans, a mini fridge (I have one in my bedroom for food I don’t want to share), iPhone charger, my TV, my Amazon Firestick, and my Keurig are all things that are just currently plugged in.

5. Lined paper

I know, I know, it’s school. How can I forget paper?? I am not exactly sure. I brought a few notebooks, 5 brand new colour-coded binders, highlighters, pens and pencils- but I discovered I forgot to bring paper in my school supplies bag.

You can find my original article at: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-things-forgot-to-bring-to-my-dorm

HC XOXO,

Hayley Garron

Hayley Nicole Garron is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, currently majoring in Journalism. She has passions of reading, writing, playing soccer, shopping, and doing things for others, and she aspires to to gain her fame by creating a novel so amazing you won't want to put it down. In her spare time, she can be found watching YouTube videos, writing her blog, "This is why I'm Haute," or trying new DIY's found on pinterest. USFSP has been a great influence to help her find more of herself in growing up.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.