This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. That time of the year when all of your professors have teamed up and assign all of those last minute projects before exams. While there is nothing we can do about the piles of homework you have, we can help you relieve some of that built-up stress with fun ways to relieve stress.

1. Take a Walk. St. Petersburg is such a beautiful city, a great way to relieve stress is to take a walk down Beach Drive.
  2. Exercise. Several studies have shown that working out is a great way to relieve stress. Anything from yoga to cardio can help take your mind off the piles of homework you have. If you don’t want to workout alone you should attend a group fitness class like Hip Hop Cardio or Zumba, they are fun and allow you to relieve stress at the same time.
  3. Write in a Journal. Journaling is a great way to relieve stress. Just taking 15-20 minutes out of your day to write will allow you to release stress because you can let out all of you emotions on paper. Some people even relieve stress by writing poetry.
  4. Go to the Beach. One of the perks of living in Florida is that it doesn’t get really cold. Meaning anytime is a good time to take a trip to a beach. Grabs some friends and head on over to St. Pete Beach.
  5. Chocolate. Chocolate is proven to relieve stress, not to mention it tastes good. It has Magnesium which is great mineral to give your body when you are stressed. A local place to get chocolate from is Kilwins on Beach Drive.
  6. Nap Time. 30-45 minute naps are a great way to relax, they allow you to take your mind off of your homework and you wake up refreshed.
  7. Enjoy the Bay. A cool thing about going to USFSP is that you get free access to the waterfront. A fun on campus way to relieve stress is to check out a watercraft at the waterfront and go out to the bay. It’s a very relaxing experience and you might even see dolphins.
  8. Curl up with a Book. Put down the textbook and get lost in a novel, you can never go wrong with a John Green.
  9. Get a Massage. Another fun feature of USFSP is that we have a Wellness Room found in the Wellness Center that includes a massage chair that is always open to students if not in use. Getting a massage is great because it alleviates stress and tension from the body.
  10. Visit the Dali. Take a break from your homework and visit an art museum. Looking at some Dali work will definitely take your mind off of all the work you have.
  11. Take a Bubble Bath. Treat yourself to a nice bubble bath, just relaxing in the tub can help relieve tension from your muscles and give you much needed me time.
  12. Spend Time with your Pets. There is no way you could be stressed out play with a cute puppy. If you live in the dorms and can’t play with your own dog you should try visiting All About Puppies and play with the adorable dogs.

Sources

http://healthywildandfree.com/50-ways-to-reduce-stress/#sthash.onTTNvM4.dpbs

weheartit.com 
I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.