San Francisco’s Tastiest Summer Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

It’s no secret that San Francisco is a food haven. Our amazing city is filled with eateries ranging from quaint cafes to high-end restaurants. Whether you’re shopping in the Mission District or strolling around the Marina, you’re sure to find a delicious pick-me-up. But with so many options to choose from, it can be hard to pick the best one. Not to worry! Here, we breakdown the food scene and provide you with an array of sweet summer snacks. Trust us – you’re sure to be satisfied!

The Posh Bagel
Bubble tea
Union Square: 266 Sutter St
Inner Sunset: 742 Irving St
Castro: 495 Castro St

With locations scattered around the city, this is the ultimate go-to café. The Posh Bagel will quench your thirst and quell your sweet tooth. Their bubble tea is to die for. This place has dozens of different combinations to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for coconut with tapioca pearls, or mango with lychee bubbles, you can sip until your heart’s content!

Twirl and Dip
Soft Serve
Golden Gate Park
(Wednesday – Sunday, 1pm – 6:30pm)

We just had to include this festive food truck on the list. After all, buying ice cream from a truck is more fun and will bring back old childhood memories! With specialties ranging from hand-dipped chocolate cones to strawberry fruitsicles, Twirl and Dip serves up an impressive variety of desserts. Take a stroll through the park and stop by for an afternoon cone. For the latest updates on times and locations, follow Twirl and Dip on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Twirlanddip

Icebee

Frozen Yogurt
829 Mission St

With places popping up all over the city, frozen yogurt is undeniably popular these days. The cold treat might be easy to come by, but the perfect consistency can be hard to find. Luckily, Icebee hits all the right notes. The yogurt is creamy and bursting with flavor. In addition to a standard menu of regular flavors, Icebee has seasonal favorites that change with the weather. We love the pumpkin for a dose of fall fun! Icebee even has mini cups that allow customers to try different flavors, so next time you stop by, you can sample up a storm!

Crossroads
Iced Chai
USF University Center

Complaints from students have revealed that the Market Café can be limited in variety. But we wanted to include an on-campus dining venue. Let’s face it: we all need a place to visit in-between classes or during late night study sessions! Next time you’re bumming out about the caf, head downstairs to find some great options. Crossroads sells tea, coffee, and pastry-themed snacks. But their shining star is definitely the Chai. Iced or hot, the concoction is spicy, sweet, and all-round yummy. Given the hot weather, we prefer the iced blend. You can choose your favorite type of milk, including soy. Stop by Crossroads and you’re one step closer to using up all those flexi dollars!

Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream
Classic Cones
The Mission District
2790 Harrison St

This ice cream shop rotates flavors constantly, ensuring that there’s something to please everyone. With unique versions like balsamic caramel and green tea-black sesame, Humphry Slocombe will give your palate an exotic experience! The shop also offers a selection of fruity sorbets for a healthier, non-dairy option. Feeling a little rebellious? Try the Hot Mess Sundae for a fluffy, butterscotch surprise!

Dani Wong is a sophomore at the University of San Francisco, where she is double majoring in media studies and journalism. After her short story was published in a recent book, she decided to explore a new facet of writing and became involved with student newspapers and magazines. Between interning, taking classes, and exploring San Francisco, Dani is embracing the new opportunities that city life brings. Her true loves include traveling, taking photographs, playing sports and anything food related!