Beyond Hearts and Chocolates: Gifts for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Are you looking for Valentine’s Day gifts to give to your family but you want something besides the teddy, candy, and flowers? Look no further, these gifts are good for Valentine’s day and beyond.

1. MeUndies

MeUndies claims to have the “world’s most comfortable underwear and loungewear for men & women.” You can custom order underwear for your partner and even have matching couple underwear. They have a variety of underwear styles and even have sweats and lounge pants to purchase. You can subscribe for underwear each month, so if you’re the type that hates to shop for underwear, look no further.

2. Gourmet Oil Dipping Spice Kit

Do you have someone in your life who loves cooking? Or who at least attempts to cook? Well give that master chef a Gourmet Oil Dipping Spice Kit! 15 different flavors, “Start in France with herbs de Provence, tour Italy with oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, dash over to Spain with a pinch of smoked paprika, then zip to Morocco with za’atar”. Created by Julie Pedersen, she also has Chai Tea, Green Herbal, and Potato seasoning kits. It makes a great gift for Valentine’s day, a birthday or a simple gift for yourself.

3. Make Your Own Nail Polish Kit

While we all love to get our nails done, if you’re a college student or someone on a budget, you may have to cut it out of the monthly budget. Luckily, you don’t have to go without cute nails if you can make your own nail polish! A kit created by Amy Schofield, “This DIY kit includes eight colors you can mix and match with the help of blending tools and funnels, creating a chic, personalized bottle of lustrous lacquer.” This is a gift that anyone, even yourself will love.

4. Chocolate Lover Hot Chocolate Gift Set

Being a chocolate lover myself,  I know that any chocolate is good chocolate. That being said, if you want to put a spin on the old heart box of chocolate and flowers, keep reading. This set comes with “four unique and delicious organic hot chocolate flavors”, the hot chocolate is organically made in Washington by Scout Urling, and her hot chocolate goes beyond just peppermint. She also sells different types of tea in beautifully wrapped containers.

5. Table Topics

If you’re like me, it’s awkward when a conversation dies out or you don’t know what to talk about. Even if you do know what to talk about, you may want to keep it away from controversial issues. Table Topic boxes hold over a hundred different topics to talk about at the dinner table. There are also different versions of table topics including: Teens, Couples, Family, Cocktail, and What would you do? “Table Topics lets you circulate the question at hand in the cube or pass cards out individually.” Its funny and entertaining for parties or a night at home with new friends.

Happy Valentine’s Day! 

I am the lucky descent of the Pisces Zodiac. Which by default makes me an escapist; which could explain why at a young age that I found my love for books. Starting with Junie B. Jones to House of Night and the beyond. I tend to find myself often debating society’s idiocy and fighting for bed space with my cat. (Currently we’re not on speaking terms.) Or bae watching, (Louis Tomlinson or Henry Cavilli any day. Just yum.) internet suffering, playing visual novels, or exploring the world.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!