This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

It’s that time of year again – summer! A time where skin gets darker, hair gets lighter, and days get longer (at least according to Tumblr). This is the time where all the beauty bloggers and vloggers start to talk about glowy summer skin. But a lot of the time I find that people do not know exactly how to achieve this sort of look. Well luckily, we here at Her Campus do know how to achieve that look and so without further ado,  here are 5 ways to help you get dewy, glowing skin for summer!

1. Use a Dewy Finish Foundation

Using a dewy finish foundation will give you the illusion of a natural glow from within. This is the best way to get a summer glow without doing much work! But if you have oily skin, I would recommend not using a dewy foundation, but instead use a matte finish one and set it with something like MAC Cosmetics Fix + (see #5).

2. Use a Beauty Blender to Apply Your Foundation

By applying your foundation with a damp Beauty Blender, or any other makeup sponge, you allows for the foundation to get pressed into your skin instead of it simply sitting on top. It also gives a more sheer coverage, and gives a healthy glow to your skin by allowing the foundation to mix with the water from the sponge. I love using a Beauty Blender in the summer (or really anytime) because it gives any foundation a beautiful finish.

3. Use Liquid and Cream Products

Liquid or cream blush and highlighter is a great way to get glowy skin. Using a liquid highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones will give a really natural glow. If you apply a cream blush to the apples of your cheeks, it will give a flush of color that will look like you have the healthiest of skin!

4. HIGHLIGHTER

I put this in all caps because this it is all the rage right now. Everywhere you look there is a highlighter – but they are not all the same. Using something that is a little less in your face, such at the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, is going to give the illusion of really nourished skin. By using something like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (the powder form), it is more prominent but gorgeous and will give you the Instagram ready highlight. Obviously, my favorite YouTuber is Jaclyn Hill, and her highlight is always on point, as seen in the picture below.

5. Apply a Water Based Setting Spray

When you are finished applying your makeup, you can set it with a setting spray. I recommend MAC Cosmetics Fix + because it is water based and will give your whole face a glow. This is also ideal for summer because it is water based and will help your makeup set and stay on throughout the hot summer day.

Have a great summer, and make sure to try this tips for amazing, glowy summer skin!

Hi there! My name is Soleil Borda and I mainly write about all things beauty! Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff :)
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!