5 Questions You Probably Got Asked on Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Who doesn’t love Thanksgiving? The food, seeing your family after such a long time, the cold weather (for most) — What’s not to love? But it’s those dreaded questions that distant family members ask that ruin your post-meal nap after just finishing your third plate of food. Here are five questions you more than likely got asked, and what you probably thought afterwards!

1. What’s your major again?

I honestly don’t understand how my aunt keeps forgetting what my major is when she asks me every single time she’s over at my house.

2. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?

I don’t get why you’re asking when my mom was complaining about how single I am to you five minutes ago.

3. How are your grades?

4. What do you do for fun?

5. Don’t you have finals coming up? How’s that going?

Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!