What to Do On a Friday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Ladies let’s face it, after a while of waiting in endless lines and having random guys hit on you when you just want to have a good night of dancing, the club life begins to get tedious and borderline headache-inducing. For those Friday nights where going clubbing just isn’t an option, grab your girls and try these alternative activities instead:

1. Girls night in

Although many people think staying home on a Friday night is boring, getting together with your best girlfriends and having a night in can be super fun. There are so many things to do on a night in, like play some board games like Catch Phrase, turn on some music and have a karaoke night, or pop in some movies. So, order some takeout, grab the drinks and prepare for an awesome night in with your girls.

2. Mini road trip

Road trips can be super fun and interesting but can also be EXPENSIVE. So when a full blown road trip just isn’t doable, settle for a mini road trip instead. The best part about Tampa is you are bound to find an interesting place if you just get in your car and drive. Maybe visit some hole-in-the-wall food places you find along the way or hit some small shops. If you just get in your car and drive around Tampa, you are guaranteed to find something interesting to explore. America’s Byways makes it easy to plan an interesting road trip that can take you off the beaten path and on to new roads.

3. Bowling

Some people may say bowling is for either old people or kids, but they are so wrong. Bowling can be really fun, especially if you have the right people around you. One local bowling alley that is really fun is Pin Chasers with their Friday night cyber bowling. During Cyber Bowling, Pin Chasers has pulsating lights and good music that you will find in any club you step into. They also have awesome arcade games and a bar where you and your friends can sit and relax with some drinks.

4. Netflix

Can’t get a group of friends together and don’t feel like going out alone? Well get some comfortable sweats or pajamas on and have a Netflix night. Sometimes the body needs a night of just staying home and relaxing; it needs time to recuperate from the nonstop moving you do during the week. Watching Netflix not only entertains you, it can put you at a complete ease and allow your body to recharge.

These activities are just some of the many things you can do instead of going to an overcrowded club. So when Friday comes and you just don’t want to go clubbing, remember these activities and guaranteed you will have just as much fun on 

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.