WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: My Ab Challenge Journey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I’ve never been a person who likes going to the gym. I go every once in a while, but it never really becomes a routine. I got to a point where I was tired of being out of shape and not being healthy. I have an issue of not only disliking the gym but also I’m a picky eater. Cue the music from Debbie Downer right about now…

I took these two not-so-great facts and turned them into positives. I’m a picky eater so to eat “healthier” I’m quitting drinking soda and eating any kind of fast food. And I don’t like the gym, so I found out about gym routines to help me get in shape. One of these is 30 day Ab Challenge.

You can find variations of these on Pinterest. If you’re looking for more in home workouts you can do a search for the specific type of workout you’re looking for.  The Ab Challenge is going pretty well so far. I thought it would be harder to get into a routine, but, surprisingly, I love it so far. If I’m just sitting around doing nothing, I realize I could be doing my ab challenge instead of just sitting there. In the beginning, most workouts only take a few minutes, so it’s not too time consuming. But the workouts will get longer as time goes on, so be sure to set aside time for those days.

I’m only a few days into my new routine, but I can say I feel a lot better than I did a few days ago. Fast food and soda are empty calories and can make you feel gross and tired a lot of times, so if you can find a way to cut those out you’ll be better off. Also, you’ll save a lot of money by doing this so it’s worth it in the end, especially if you’re a broke college student like me!

Adding the workout routine to the healthier is good because being active will help with your overall success. If you’re going to start a workout routine then I would say the 30 Day Ab Challenge is the way to go.

Stay tuned for the results of this challenge!

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.