This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail: Vans Warped Tour presented by Journeys Facebook

This summer, one of the largest music festivals is coming to an end.

Vans Warped Tour has announced that this will be its final cross-country tour. The tour allowed music lovers to discover and see their favorite bands on the main stage.

Warped Tour began in 1995 and has been bringing bands across the country every summer since but its 24th year will be the last. In an interview with Billboard, producer and founder of the tour, Kevin Lyman, attributes the end of the tour to “shrinking pool of bands, and declining ticket sales amongst its teenage demographic.”

Photo: Megan Holzwarth

Fans who are upset by this choice weighed in on what they enjoy about Warped Tour.

“As someone who has volunteered on Warped Tour, I enjoy the comraderies among everyone working,” said Karalyn Gillen, who has attended most of the tours over the past 10 years as both a fan and staff for nonprofit organizations. “As a fan, I love the energy in the air.”

Others said they enjoyed discovering new or lesser-known bands through the event.

“It’s a great way to learn about less popular, more up-and-coming bands to expand your musical preferences,” said Paige Canosa, a fan who attended the festival in 2011 and 2016. “It offers an experience unlike any other.”

Photo: Megan Holzwarth

Courtney Holzwarth, a fan who went to Warped Tour in 2016, discovered one of her favorite bands, Waterparks, at the festival. She also saw bands such as Sleeping with Sirens and Falling in Reverse.

Warped Tour tickets are already on sale and this year they are offering different ticket bundles in addition to the general ticket admission. The “Forever Warped Bundle” is sold out, but fans can still purchase the “Best Day Ever Bundle” and general ticket admission.

Photo: Megan Holzwarth

Fans, such as Gillen, are already planning on going to the final Warped Tour, regardless of the lineup, while others are waiting for the lineup to be announced to decide if they will attend.

Attendees are hopeful bands such as A Day to Remember, All Time Low, Panic at the Disco, Waterparks, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Fall Out Boy, and Paramore will be on the lineup.

Are you going to attend the last Vans Warped Tour? Comment below and tell me what artists you’d like to see on the main stage.

Writer for Her Campus at USF. Mass Comm. major at USF. Dream job to work for Cosmopolitan in New York.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.