TV Tuesday: Looking for a New Show?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Are you looking for a new show, collegiettes™?

Look no further than “Empire” on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. on Fox.

“Empire” is a new musical drama series based in part on William Shakespeare’s “King Lear.” The show is about a hip hop music and entertainment company called Empire Enterprises. It is full of drama as the founding family fights for total control of the company. The show stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson. Watch the official trailer below.

Luckily, “Empire” is only two episodes into the season and the episodes are available to watch online here. So, this just might become your new television addiction, collegiettes™. Of course, until “Scandal” returns on Jan. 29th.

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.