Top 5 Halloween Must-Do’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Here are five of my favorite things to do to get ready for Halloween!

1.   Have a horror film marathon: Seriously, what better way to celebrate good ol’ Halloween than with some scary movies? Gather a group of friends, a warm blanket and some popcorn and enjoy the adrenaline rush. If you’re not a horror junkie (like me), you can watch lighter classics like the 1931 films Frankenstein or Dracula with Bega Lugosi. And there’s always the classic 1993 movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.

2.   Carve pumpkins: Besides Halloween, there’s no other festival or holiday that lets you get your hands dirty with some fun pumpkin carving. Why not take advantage of it? Stabbing an inanimate object and turning it into art is a great way to release anger and stress. Plus, after going through the messy trouble of creating a masterpiece, you can see your work come to life in the dark. 

3.   Dress up: Think about it: you can be whatever you’d like to be. Even though it’s only for a day, it’ll create memories that will last forever. Want to channel your inner zombie? How about Superwoman? Or even Death? Want to be Kim Kardashian? A “Cereal” Killer? Name it, and you can be it! You can be a robot alien from the past if you really want to. The possibilities are endless, so let your imagination soar.

Photo from Pixabay

4.   Go Trick-or-Treating: Honestly, this is only time of year when it’s acceptable to stuff yourself with as much candy as possible. What’s even better is that most of this candy is free: all you need to do is put on a costume, walk around your neighborhood and spend time with your friends. Need I say more?

5.   Admire the autumn leaves: Do you sense that? Fall is here. The Florida air has dropped a whopping two degrees, and there’s a slight breeze. Bring on the flannels, boots and pumpkin spice lattes. Sit back, relax and enjoy one of the most-loved seasons of the year!

What are your favorite Halloween activities? Let me know in the comments!

All photos from Flickr, unless otherwise noted.

In the simplest words: I'm always eager to learn more.  I love doing anything with creativity, hence my majors: English and Advertising/Public Relations. It takes a strong voice to reach people, be it to encourage others buy your product or simply develop an audience. My goal is to be the one leading others and driving the business forward.