diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips for Planning a Wedding During College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Congratulations, you’re engaged! But now what?

Planning a wedding can be both exciting and stressful for you, your future partner, and your family. I planned my own wedding this summer—while still in school at USF! Here are three tips that I learned and want to share with anyone in the same situation.

1.    Schedule (a realistic amount of) time

Just like you have to schedule time to study and work, you have to schedule time to plan your wedding. If you don’t specifically schedule time, your to-do list will grow and your stress level will, too. Do you and your significant other a favor: Plan time to handle the long list of to-dos over a nice glass of wine and some chocolate.

Image by Julie Drawdy Bulloch, courtesy of Kaitlin Anderson

2.   Ask for help

Even if you feel like you can conquer the world on your own, ask someone to help you plan your wedding. Whether you ask your mom or your best friend, it’s important to have someone to listen to your desires and advocate for you through the process. Even if they’re simply there for moral support, it’ll make your life easier, and they’ll feel included in your (now-perfect) special day.

Image by Julie Drawdy Bulloch, courtesy of Kaitlin Anderson

3.   Hire an event team

If you only splurge on one thing for your wedding, hire a team to set up and break down the wedding space. One of the most stressful parts of a wedding day can be setting up and then cleaning up the food, the decorations, the garbage…you get the idea. You’ll want your friends and family to be able to relax and enjoy the day with you and your new partner. So, instead of trying to do it yourself or even with friends or family, hire a team. At the end of the day it may cost a little more, but it’ll save you an incredible amount of stress on your big day.

Do you have any wedding planning tips? Let me know in the comments!