Music Monday: Instrumental Study Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As the fall semester comes into full swing, it’s time to hit the books and get your study on. As many collegiettes™ already know, it’s not enough to pay attention in class and expect an A on the test.  Creating an environment conducive to reviewing, researching and analyzing is crucial to successful studying.  So head to Club Lib, grab your books, and load up your Spotify playlist with these tracks.

1.   Tycho – Awake

This song is so soothing, it performs double duty by keeping you relaxed as you cram.

2.   Grimes – Genesis

Though this song does include vocals, Grimes’ voice functions more as an additional instrument, with lyrics hidden under layers of ethereal sound.

3.   Explosions in the Sky – Your Hand in Mine

“Your Hand in Mine” is a tune full of emotion despite having no lyrics, creating the perfect background to your review session.

4.   Mozart – Piano Concerto No. 9 “Jeunehomme”

Of course, no instrumental study playlist could be complete without some classical music, and Mozart is no exception. This piece is fast and lively, providing burst of energy to your ten page paper due tomorrow.

5.   The xx – Intro

Another refreshing instrumental to play as you pore over your textbooks.

6.   Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata

The Moonlight Sonata is perfect for switching gears to a low-tempo and relaxing classical piano piece.

Proud to be a USF Bull! Passions include binge watching TV shows, Pinterest, cute gym clothes, acquiring as much lipstick as possible, and trying to be a better person everyday.
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.