Meet A Her Campus Member: Sydjea Watson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Meet Her Campus member, Sydjea Watson. She is a junior at USF and the new HC Campus Outreach Coordinator. Learn more about her below!

Her Campus: Why did you join Her Campus? What do you like about it?

Sydjea Watson: I joined HC because I was looking for organizations on campus that could help me grow professionally. What I love about it is being surrounded by women who have similar goals, passions and interests. I feel like we push each other and influence each other in all the right ways.

HC: Where are you originally from?

SW: I am from the land of wood and water, the breathtakingly beautiful island of Jamaica!

HC: Single or Taken?

SW: #TeamForeverSingle haha.

HC: What’s your major? What are your academic and/or career goals?

SW: I am a mass communications major with a concentration in public relations. I think my academic goals are pretty simple. I measure my success not by grades, but by things that I learn that I could actually take and use in the real world. I can’t say I don’t care about grades because that would be ridiculous, but I just feel like there’s much more to the world. I’ve always wanted to work in the fashion industry. I’m hoping that one day I’ll be one of the top fashion publicists.

HC: What brought you to USF?

SW: Florida’s weather, my best friend and affordable tuition.

HC: What’s your absolute favorite thing to do in your downtime?

SW: I’m a TV junkie.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush? (Guy or Gal).

SW: My girl crush is definitely Rihanna. But John Legend has my heart. He is perfection.

HC: Have you ever had any embarrassing moments at USF?

SW: Fortunately and surprisingly no. Well, nothing really memorable.

HC: What’s your life motto and why?

SW: C’est la vie. I think it’s important for my sanity for me to remind myself every now again not to take every little thing to heart.

HC: Where’s your favorite place around Tampa?

SW: I want to say Clearwater, but I’m not sure if that’s Tampa. International problems.

HC: If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

SW: Greece!

HC: How would you describe your style sense?

SW: Versatile. I get bored easily so I change things up a lot.

HC: Do you have any daring summer goals?

SW: I really want to go skydiving!

HC: What advice do you have for incoming freshman?

SW: Choose classes with light course loads for your first year. You have three years to stress. I think it’s important that freshmen take it easy and enjoy the transition.

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.