Meet A Her Campus Member: Samantha Leppla

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Meet Her Campus USF member, Samantha Leppla! Samantha is an HC writer and the Director of Fundraising! She has consistently written amazing content for the site all semester long and works hard to raise money for our chapter. Samantha is such an important part of HC and we are so happy to have her! Read more about her below!

Her Campus: Why did you join Her Campus?

Samantha Leppla:  I joined Her Campus because I have always had a dream of writing for a national publication and thought Her Campus was the perfect opportunity to gain experience. 

HC: What’s your major and year at USF?

SL: I am a senior majoring in Communications. 

HC: What’s your academic and/or career goals?

SL:  I am in limbo with what exactly I want to do with my career. I would love to fulfill my dream as an editor for a fashion magazine, however I would also love to teach yoga on the beach. If there was a way for me to fulfill both dreams it would be like winning the lottery. 

HC: Where are you originally from?

SL:  I am originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but I grew up here in Tampa so I consider myself a proud Floridan. 

HC: What brought you to USF?

SL: After spending a year at UCF I realized being away from my family and close friends was not exactly all I had imagined it to be, I moved back home and transferred to USF which has been a dream come true. 

HC: What is your favorite class you’ve taken at USF?

SL: Communication/Gender/Identity 

HC: What are your hobbies?

SL: I enjoy staying healthy with yoga & running, catching up with friends in SOHO, spending time with my family, and enjoying the warm Florida sunshine on St.Pete beach. 

HC: What is your favorite quote?

SL:  “If you’re depressed you’re living in the past. If you’re anxious you’re living in the future. If you’re content you’re living in the present”.

HC: What advice do you have for incoming freshman?

SL: Enjoy your time in college, it goes by way too fast. 

HC: What’s a fun fact about you?

SL: I have a bunny named Moose. 

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.