How To: Stay Motivated in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.
College is not all sunshine and rainbows. Too often students get stressed out and lose motivation. Here are some tips on how to stay motivated while juggling your busy college life. 

1. Be in Search of Consistent Happiness

Try to resist doing things just for the sake of saying that you did it. Focus your time and attention on the things that the matter most. So study more, volunteer more, do what makes you feel good.

2. Create a Dream Board

Whether this board is physical or on Pinterest doesn’t really matter. All that matters is that you can visualize your dreams and set them in front of you as a daily reminder of all you want to achieve.

3. Associate Yourself with Likeminded People

Find friends who have the same level of ambition as you do, and who will encourage you to be your best self.

4. Have Small Goals

Not all goals have to include world domination. Having more bite sized goals keeps you from feeling overwhelmed or stagnant.
5. Stop Thinking Negatively

In order to stay motivated, you have to have a good attitude. This means you must stop thinking negatively about yourself and others. We are all just works in progress.

Alana Reid is a first-year student at the University of South Florida and is an International Studies major. Her dreams in life center around eating delicious deserts and traveling the world.
Student at the University of South Florida. Sister and Corresponding Secretary of Gamma Phi Beta. Artist, writer, and animal lover.