How to Make Your Eyes Pop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It can be hard to find the perfect eyeshadow palette to complement your eye color when there are so many to choose from. But it doesn’t have to be challenging: Different colors of eyeshadow accentuate each eye color, making everyone’s trip to Sephora a little different. With the help of three lovely ladies with different colored eyes, let’s look at what colors of eyeshadow complement brown, hazel, blue and green eyes.

Brown Eyes

The most common eye color in the world is brown eyes, according to AC Lens’s Eye Color Guide. Brown eyes can pair with almost any color because brown is such a neutral color; but shades of pinks, purples, and greens complement brown eyes. These colors give brown eyes depth.

Hazel Eyes

Hazel eyes are very similar to brown eyes, but they have a hint of green and yellow. The best colors to complement this beautiful eye color are golds, browns and neutral colors. These colors, especially gold, bring out the yellow and gold specks in hazel eyes.

Blue Eyes

Blue eyes come in various shades, but all blue eyes are complemented by the same colors. Earthy tones such as taupe, light browns and different shades of blue really make blue eyes pop. All these shades bring out colors that blue eyes already possess. 

Green Eyes

According to AllAboutVision.com, most people consider green eyes to be the most attractive. There are lots of colors that pair nicely with green eyes, especially purple. Green and purple are both cool shades on the color wheel, so this emphasizes the yellow or blue tones in the green eye. These unique colors definitely make a statement.

Next time you walk into Sephora, pick up a new eyeshadow palette and explore these color combinations for your next makeup look.

What are your favorite eyeshadows for your eye color?