This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail: Flickr

Hayley Williams has been taking the music world by storm since 2004 with her band Paramore. Paramore is an American rock band that formed in Franklin, Tennessee.

Hayley Williams was born on December 27, 1988, in Meridian, Mississippi, as Hayley Nichole Williams. Later, she moved to Franklin, Tennessee. At 15, she founded the band Paramore and has since released five albums.

Williams is the lead singer and songwriter of the band and is also the only girl in the band. She is famous for her crazy hair colors and rock persona.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

She is one of the biggest names in pop-punk/alternative music and one of the most influential female singers in this genre. Williams is best known for songs such as, “Misery Business,” “Decode” and “Ain’t It Fun.”

Williams’ songs are relatable and Paramore’s latest album talks about many life experiences.

“We were all going through our own experiences but they’re still relatable,” said Williams in an article by Fast Company. “[Paramore was] able to talk about mental health and politics and love in this bigger way that was more universal.”

Photo: Flickr

Williams is known for being a bad-ass but also has a big heart. She has been pushed many times to become a solo artist but is loyal to her band and has no thoughts on going solo. Although, she is featured in other artists’ songs like “Airplanes” and “Stay the Night,” Williams enjoys playing in her band.

In an article by Entity, Williams told The Fader how becoming a big mainstream star doesn’t appeal to her. Paramore’s lead singer is also an advocate for mental health.

“Mental health is very close to Williams’ heart because she has personally struggled with depression,” according to Entity.

She heavily supports the charity, To Write Love on Her Arms, a nonprofit organization that helps those with mental health issues.

Photo: Flickr

Williams has received awards for hard work in the music business including the Grammy Award for Best Rock Song, Billboard’s Women in Music Trailblazer Award, APMAS Best Vocalist and more.

Hayley Williams rocks on and off stage with her music and by standing up for what she believes in. She continues to be an inspiration to many young people whether it’s through her amazing music or by advocating for causes close to her heart.

Writer for Her Campus at USF. Mass Comm. major at USF. Dream job to work for Cosmopolitan in New York.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.