samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus, Her Story

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hello collegiettes™!

We are so excited for our first networking event tonight!

Join us in the Marshall Student Center Room 3709 at 5 p.m. for Her Campus, Her Story!

Her Campus, Her Story is a chance for collegiettes™ to meet local professional women and hear their stories of success. There are many difficulties of being a woman in a competitive workforce, but these women have overcome all obstacles.

Our special guests will be women from a variety of industries who will share how they have reached important milestones in their careers. Our speakers tonight include:

Liz Prisley – Adjunct Faculty Verbal and Visual Arts, USFSP

Mikki Petit-Frere – Health and Wellness Champion, The Spring of Tampa Bay

Kelly Schutz – Public Relations Coordinator, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dr. Judy Genshaft – System President, University of South Florida

You do not want to miss this awesome event tonight, ladies. Her Campus, Her Story will encourage female students with inspiring stories from successful women.

R.S.V.P. on the Facebook event page! Don’t forget to use our hashtag on social media: #HerCampusHerStory

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.