FASHION FRIDAY: In The Midst of The Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Florida seems to continue to have this fall-like weather, even though it is almost spring. Some of you might be loving it because cool weather means frizz-proof hair and not baking in the hot sun (like we do most of the year), but for the tropical fishes out here, this climate is no fun. Keeping warm, yet not too warm, presents challenge because Florida weather is a bit unpredictable at the moment. The constant ups and downs in temperature might leave our collegiettes. Below are two outfits that should hopefully help you determine what to wear during these wacky-weather days. Enjoy!

This first outfit screams casual basic comfort. A sweater, boyfriend jeans and some booties will provide just enough warmth needed for these Florida days. You could add a pop of color to your outfit with a handbag, such as this royal blue one. We also can’t forget about the other accessories! Tie in this outfit with a few rings and a pair of sunnies.

This second outfit is for those who feel like wearing more color. A plain white v-neck shirt with a colored (or printed) cardigan and a pair of skinny jeans will pull together an outfit instantly. Pair this outfit with some nude booties, a pastel colored handbag and a gold watch and you’ll be good to go! This would be the perfect pre-spring outfit.

I am a senior at the University of South Florida. I am majoring in advertising. My favorite things are beauty, fashion, entertainment, food and travel.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.