This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Have you heard of Alex and Ani jewelry, collegiettes™?

Alex and Ani is a collection of bangle bracelets, necklaces, earrings and rings handmade in America. Their website states that their jewelry will “adorn the body, enlighten the mind and empower the spirit.”

Alex and Ani was founded in 2004, but has expanded over the years. The company name was a combination created by the founder, Carolyn Rafaelian, based on the first names of her two daughters. Alex and Ani products are eco-friendly and promote positive energy.

Each bracelet is stackable and adjustable, making them one-size-fits-all. In fact, all of their jewelry, including their rings, is expandable and made for all sizes. Plus, most of the materials used in Alex and Ani jewelry is recycled or from vintage pieces.

I recently received two bangle bracelets for my birthday and fell in love! My mom bought me two gold bracelets: Turn Peace Up and my April birthstone. Each bracelet comes with an explanation for the meaning of the charms.

The Turn Peace Up bangle represents kindness, tranquility and liberation. The website states, “A reminder to positively contribute to the world, Turn Peace Up® symbolizes the small actions that can be taken towards bettering humanity. Wear this charm to stand up for kindness and liberate the world from negativity.”

The April Birthstone bangle represents spirit, love and strength. The website states, “Known as a stone of affection, April’s crystal is associated with independence, youth, and enthusiasm. Wear the crystal to exude passion in all endeavors and to maintain powerful inner strength.”

Each bangle bracelet has a beautiful message along with it, one of empowerment and positive energy. The encouraging statements alone will make you smile just as much as the stunning charms will. Alex and Ani has a wide variety of jewelry designs, including monogram charms and more!

You can purchase this jewelry at Nordstorm in the International Mall or shop online on their website here!

Photo Credits: alexandani.com

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.