yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It might not feel like it, but fall has officially arrived! It’s unreasonable to wear fall trends, like sweaters and scarves, here in the Florida heat, but you can still flaunt your autumn spirit by sporting fall colors on your nails. 

Grey and beige had a baby, and its name is greige! This muted hybrid color is the trendiest color for fall. The major benefit is that it looks good on almost any skin tone. (Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry in Vixen)

For a little more sparkle and pizazz, try a dark berry polish with golden specks. (Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry in Sugar Plum)

I’ve been waiting all summer for a chance to pull out my favorite black nail polish. The color is classic, sleek and edgy. Best of all, it matches any outfit! (Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro in Black Satin)

Is black nail polish a little too harsh for your taste? Try a toned down version of the dark trend by wearing chocolate brown. It won’t look so severe on your skin, plus it is even more of a fall color than plain old black. (OPI in Suzi Loves Cowboys)

Feeling a little feisty, or maybe a little vampy? Deep blood-red nails will make you feel sexy and in the fall spirit. (Sally Hansen in Red Zin)

Photo sources:

cilucia.blogspot.com

www.manicuremommas.com

iflyrice.wordpress.com

www.thedailyvarnish.com

http://thebroadstroke.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-favorite-polishes-sally-hansen-red.html

Hey there! My name is Samantha Stern and I'm a graduating senior of mass communication with a concentration on magazine journalism at the University of South Florida. I've been writing for Her Campus USF since January 2013 and this semester I was appointed editor-in-chief of the online publication. Life is a stressful thing and I want to provide a means of escape and self- improvement for young women, as well as for myself, by writing fun, engaging and useful content accessible anytime and anywhere via the internet.My ultimate goal is to empower women in their 20's. Women are hungry for everyday life advice. They crave tips for achieving the ideal in money, intelligence, beauty, fashion, health and lifestyle. I will satiate their informational appetite and, more importantly, help them become their outright best by writing fun and practical content relevant to the modern 20-something.When I'm not writing you can find me reading magazines (duh!) and books, taking long, hot baths and exploring local haunts with friends and family.Feel free to follow we on Twitter @samantha__stern or check out my resume and portfolio by clicking here.  
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.