This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Aveda’s Shampure is a dry shampoo that is changing lives and changing the world. Did you know that by cutting your showers short by three minutes and using a dry shampoo instead, you will save up to six gallons of water?

With Earth Day right around the corner, I wanted to share a product with you that has become a huge trend in the hair industry and is also a feel-good product for yourself and the environment.

Photo: The Color Room

Shampure is Aveda’s first ever dry shampoo. So, how is it Earth-friendly? First, it is a non-aerosol product; the product works like an old-fashioned perfume bottle with a squeeze puff method that you squeeze upon application. You can get 56 or more uses out of the dry shampoo depending on how often you use it.

Second, it is 99.8 percent naturally derived from plants, according to Aveda. Included in the product are 25 pure flower and plant essences that give this dry shampoo a light and lovely aroma.

Third, it is cruelty-free, just as all Aveda products are. PETA’s cruelty-free bunny logo is featured in the brand’s store windows and registers.

Photo: Pinterest

My tip to all dry shampoo users is to apply this product at night just before going to bed. This way, the product can work its magic and absorb the oils in your hair overnight. Shampure can also be used for added texture and volume by applying it directly to your roots, rubbing it in and letting the product do its job. You will wake up with third-day hair that will look like first-day hair—no oil, no white cast residue, no problem.

Shampure retails for $31 at all Aveda locations and online. 

I am a communication major at the University of South Florida in Tampa. I serve as our chapter's Editor-in Cheif. I am an aspiring fashion merchandiser with a dream to work out of a big city (I am in love with Florence!) My hobbies include ice dancing and anything active, working as a sales associate at Athleta, learning Italian, spending time with my amazing friends and family, and traveling.  
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.