Craziest Pretty Little Liars Theories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Being a fan of Pretty Little Liars means having to deal with stress, plot twists, romances that just give you all the feels and — can’t forget — STRESS! PLL is famous for keeping us glued to our television sets and questioning everything we think we know about life. The plot twists are endless. The relationships are wildly crazy and adorable. The schemes never cease to have a shock factor. I think we can all agree that Pretty Little Liars is an insane roller coaster ride. I feel like I should be in Radley after an episode of PLL. No matter how crazy it might make us though, we PLL fans are a loyal bunch and are going to stick it till the end; which was officially announced by Marlene King to be this upcoming season in April.

With the end in sight, I’ve compiled a list of the top five most insane — and almost pretty logical — fan theories of what’s to come in the show’s final season.

1. Maya is related to Alison

For those who may not remember, we met Maya back in season 1 when she moved into Alison’s old house. She and Emily quickly became good friends and soon were in a serious relationship. Maya’s parents sent Maya to rehab for a while before she returned to the show. Her return was short though, because she was killed by a stalker she met while in rehab. Or was she? A theory circulating around is that Maya never went to rehab. Instead, her parents wanted to put distance between her and her bio parents Mary Drake and Eddie Lamb. This would mean her and Alison were actually cousins! Maybe Maya went snooping around Ali’s stuff and figured out who her real parents were. Hanging out with Emily and Partying with Noel Kahn would only further her knowledge of the family tree. Maybe this is why she was silenced or maybe she really isn’t dead and could make a surprise appearance.

1. Emison’s “special connection”

We’ve always known that Alison and Emily were connected forever. Ali was Emily’s first kiss and her first love. Alison told Emily she was always her “favorite”. The theory suggests that, after we find out Emily has sold her eggs for money but finds out her eggs have been stolen, Dr. Elliott Rollins — or Archer Dunhill — then implants the eggs and his sperm into Alison while he has her locked up in the hospital as a mental patient. The reason for him doing this, according to the theory,  would be to give him an heir to Ali’s money.

1. Spencer is Uber A

This theory surfaced because of a text Uber A sent the girls, saying “I don’t lurk in the shadows, I hide in plain sight.” The theory outlines why Uber A could be Spencer. Uber A — like previous A’s before her — has to be smarter than everyone else. We already know Mona and Spencer are the smartest. Spencer has also been in Radley before which means she would know everything about the building. She has also been on the A team before. Another clue is, back in season 3, Spencer made a comment about the movie Basic Instinct, saying “she wrote a murder mystery novel to cover up a crime that she was about to commit. It was actually kind of genius.” Remember, Spencer admits to Caleb that CeCe was murdered very similarly to what Spencer wrote in her college admittance essay. So maybe Spencer could have been Uber A this entire time? Only time will tell.

1. Toby saves Spencer after he is dead

Think back to episode 10 of season 7. We see Toby has gotten into a bad accident leaving him and his fiancee in terrible condition and passed out in the car. We then go to Spencer who is currently bleeding out from a gunshot wound. This theory suggests Toby dies and his organs are used to save Spencer’s life. This theory would perfectly explain why these two events happened at the same time. That cannot just be a coincidence since there are NO coincidences in PLL.

1. Alison killed CeCe

Alison has gone to great lengths to prove to everyone that she has changed and is bettering herself. But do we really buy that? I feel once a mean girl, always a mean girl. This theory would mean that Alison never forgave CeCe for the torture she put her and her friends through. She purposely made the girls tell the courts that they forgave CeCe in order to get CeCe released. She also cared for CeCe while in the mental hospital because she wanted people to see her as a caring and sweet family member. Having Aria say that she did not want CeCe released because she is still afraid of her also helps Alison with her plan. This gives Ali the opportunity to make Aria look guilty of killing the one person she wanted locked up forever. One last clue was the rose in CeCe’s hand when her body was found. If you remember, Jessica DiLaurentis loved gardening and had roses in her garden. There is also a bouquet of roses shown in Alison’s house which looked suspiciously like the one found in CeCe’s hand. So maybe our resident mean girl is still just that.

I am a junior at the University of South Florida. I am specializing in Public Relations while pursuing certificates in Business and Visualization & Design. I hope to one day combine all of these and pursue law in the entertainment and even branch out to other passions in family law. While I am studying to achieve these dreams, I have furthered my collection of coffee cups and obsession with caffeine. I currently work as a barista and love to whip up new ideas, whether it be actual coffee creations or branding ideas. My other hobbies include enjoying short walks to the movies and my computer. This is usually to catch up on the latest and greatest shows. If it's not film, it is music. I love the thrill of listening to live music of my favorite and new bands. These inspire me to discover my individuality and brand, while challenging myself to help others find theirs.