This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Guys like Chase Taylor are hard to find; 6’0 tall, blond, and a southern gentleman—this 21-year-old is as passionate about his family (especially his mom’s macadamia nut cookies) as he is about the love of his guitar, his drums, and his songwriting, “I listen to music as much as I breathe, [I] learned all my important life lessons from artists—song writers”. Although he is a USF senior about to graduate this semester with a Marketing degree, his heart is in the mountains of Colorado where he plans on moving after graduating.

Chase is described in his group of friends as “the electric one”, making him impossible to pin down with a label. Well-versed in authors like Bret Easton Elis, John Butler Yeats, and Walt Whitman, he is an avid festival and concert-goer; a wine lover and connoisseur (Sauvignon Cabernet is his favorite); a professional filmmaker; and a regular outdoorsman that loves fishing, camping, mountain climbing, and surfing.

And that doesn’t even begin to tap into the calm sophistication that is Chase Taylor. Should you be fortunate enough to converse with this handsome intellectual, you’ll find yourself amused by his dry humor and thoroughly impressed by his wide knowledge base. But if you are not impressed by that—it doesn’t bother Chase one bit. Definitely a “beat-of-my-own-drum” kind of guy, Chase is unlike most and has an insightfulness and maturity that is rare for people our age.

But do not be intimidated by his intelligence. Chase is a true gentleman whose sweetness will win you over and whose surprisingly sensitive side will win your heart. Holding open doors and pulling out chairs is second nature to him as are many other chivalrous gestures which he accredits to his family’s roots in Georgia and Texas and his southern upbringing. It also instilled in him his deep love for family. His favorite person in the world is his grandmother, and when asked about his mother his eyes lit up as he laughed and said that he loves her “way too much”. Chase also has a huge soft spot for baby animals (he’s a fan of the show Too Cute!), and the current love of his life: his 10 week old Australian Shepard puppy named Annie.

When it comes to romance Chase is straightforward and genuine. The first thing he notices in a girl? “Smiles for miles,” he said with chuckle. His dream girl is someone who is as passionate as he is, creative, and bold, “the type of girl that would dance by herself”. According to Chase, the biggest misconception about him is thinking that he is unapproachable. He’s not a texter or a social media user, so catch his eye in-person with a bright smile and confident eye contact and don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation!

You can find this Cutie on Facebook here.

Photo Credits:

College Movie Fest

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.